Madam Silvia

"Woe!" Samuel bellowed as loud as his lungs could scream. "Help! Assistance! Please!"

Barreling through the rampart's main gate, the minstrel kept yelling like the hounds of the underworld were at his heels. In less than a second, the guard pigs formed a line in front of him and squealed furiously at the intruder. Samuel was so frightened at the pig's threatening formation that he slipped and tumbled to the ground right on his bruised eye. Screaming in pain, the minstrel rolled on his backside and waved his arms out in front of him to ward off the menacing beast. Their sharp tusk protruded out of their jaws, making them appear even more ghastly. For a fearful moment, Samuel worried that he had not properly washed away the crow's smell, and he was about to die because of it. However, the pigs only snapped their jaws at him to keep the human still.

Samuel cleared his throat and cried, "P-please! Help me! B-bandits! Bandits attacked me on the road and stole all of my supplies. I only managed to leave with my life. Help! I'm afraid that they might find me. I must hide!"

The pigs oinked to themselves, debating on whether they should heed the man's pleas or just send him away to fend for himself. While they argued in their shrill language, Samuel sat there, nervously clenching the grass.

After a heated debate amongst the two biggest pigs, they finally made their decision. They sent one of the smaller pigs to the mansion to inquire. Scurrying to the door as fast as its little legs could, the miniature pig looked so amusing to the flute player that he laughed aloud even during this dangerous situation he was in.

Samuel's eyes were fixed to the mighty metal doors of the house that were etched with hundreds of Gok gods. Quickly, a short wicket door built into the left corner of the main doors opened up in front of the pig, and out peeked a small hairy head that intrigued the minstrel. The face of the creature confused Samuel for a moment. It looked human, but its mouth stuck and puffed out like an old man but it was not. Also its ears projected from the sides of its head like castle flags.

Suddenly, Samuel gasped in stock once he recognized what the creature was. At that moment the door fully opened, and out stepped a monkey dressed in a brown evening jacket that snuggly fit around his broad shoulders. From behind him, a spidery tail stuck out of his slacks which swung arrogantly from side to side as he made his way to the man with the little pig trailing behind him.

Puffing out his chest, the monkey gave Samuel a sideways glance then examined him from head to foot. The frowning ape blew out his nose then shooed the pigs away.

Next, the monkey turned around; and, with his tail, he beckoned the man to follow. Samuel followed the ape closely. They came to the entrance of the mansion where the monkey opened the door for Samuel while reluctantly bowing.

"T-thank you!" Samuel chimed, happy to have made it this far without being trampled over by a horde of angry pigs. "It's so nice to see that there is still some hospitality in these lands. Uh... Those bandits really gave me a scare. I thought they were going to kill me! Luckily, I gave them the slip. Wow!" exclaimed the minstrel as he strolled through the grand halls of the mansion. "This place is nice! The owner has some good taste in architecture. I would very much like a chance to thank her in person for you letting me in."

Forgetting that he was not supposed to know the gender of the homeowner, Samuel bit his tongue nervously. However, the monkey's steps did not falter until he reached a large archway blocked by a velvet curtain. The animal extended his hand in front of the human instructing him to stay as he passed through the curtain to speak with his mistress.

Samuel teetered to pass the time until the monkey's return. The sound of elegant footsteps approaching snapped the minstrel to attention. However, it was not the animal who swished the curtain away. It was a woman in a sparkling red dress instead. A woman with black, flowing hair which bewitchingly fluttered about in the breezeless house. Her hair fell off the side of her slender shoulder as she gave the minstrel a saucy grin that took Samuel's breath away. Even though the corners of her lips were lined with faint wrinkle lines, revealing her age, Samuel could not help but feel a tingling sensation rushing over him.