Percy's Gone Missing

Holly POV

I woke up the next morning, ready to surprise Percy with an early birthday present. I baked him cookies before we left for camp, because I'm nice.

"Percy. Percy, wake up." I rolled my eyes and went over to his bed. He was gone.

That's weird. I checked the clock (I still suck at reading them) and I think it said 8:32. Why would he be up so early? More important question: why am I up so early?

I got up and looked for him. I stupidly forgot to fix my horrible bed head, but I didn't feel like going back into my cabin and fixing it, so I left it and acted like it was the next big thing.

I found Annabeth in the dining pavilion. "Annabeth?" My voice also sucks in the mornings. I'm almost as bad as Pippin.

She looked over, not even fazed. "Hey Holly. What's wrong?"

"Do you know where Percy is?" I asked her.

She looked bewildered. "No, I didn't even know he left. And why would he be up so early?

"I know!" Seriously, we've got to talk about that sometime.

"Should we go look for him?" I asked.

She shook her head. "He might kill us for eavesdropping on his plans." I laughed.

"You could whip his butt," I told her. She grinned.

"I could, but I won't. I don't want to get in trouble."

I snorted. "Like that's the real reason." She rolled her eyes and grinned.

"Go sit at your own table." I did so.

I went over to Pippin after breakfast. "Have you seen Percy?"

He shook his head. "No. Do you?"

I rolled my eyes. "If I did, why would I be asking you?"

He shrugged. "I'm stupid in the mornings."

"You bet you are," I muttered, and he smacked me in the arm.

"He was up before I was, and I was up at around 8:30-" Pippin looked amazed.

"You were? How?" He knows how late I sleep. I have missed so many days of school because I sometimes sleep through Percy's Little Mermaid alarm.

"I don't know. But he wasn't there." He looked confused.

"Why would he be up so early?" I shrugged.

"I'm going to look for him," I decided, and sprinted off, leaving Pippin in the dust.

After an hour, I realized he wasn't in camp at all. That's when I started to get worried.

I ran over to Annabeth, who was right outside her cabin. "Percy isn't anywhere in camp. I even checked at the bottom of the canoe lake." The water was freezing cold.

"That explains why you're shivering like mad," she said. "Are you sure? It isn't like him to leave without any kind of warning."

"I know." Then it hit me. Why he was gone so early, why he wasn't in camp at all.

I choked back tears. "Annabeth?"

She looked worried. "Just tell me."

I took a deep breath. "I think he's gone missing."