Chapter 10

Chapter 10
AN: Brace yourselves for an intense chapter! Once again, I want to thank everyone who's read this story so far! Enjoy the new chapter!

Buttercup paid for their meals and they both hopped in her car so she would get to court on time. Upon pulling into the parking lot, they caught sight of Blossom, Brick, and Boomer standing in front of the entrance. Blossom was holding something and was looking expectantly at the car.
The two blondes got out and walked up to the group of people waiting for them.
"I figured you wouldn't be dressed professionally so I brought you a change of clothes." The oldest sister handed her younger sister a tight black V-neck, a black ¾ sleeve blazer, black pants, and a pair of black heels. The green puff smiled at her older sister and pulled her into a hug.
"Thanks Bloss! Let's hope I still fit your clothes." With that she ran inside to change as Butch pulled up with Rika, the professor, and Sandra. They got out of the old station wagon and walked towards their group.
"Where's Mommy?" Rika asked as she spotted her mother's car.
"She's inside getting changed. We should probably go take our seats." Blossom was the one to explain to the little girl. She pouted that she wouldn't be able to see her mom before her trial, but she nodded politely and followed the group anyways.
Once they got inside, they saw a lawyer for the CIA boss even though he was in jail. Only minutes after they sat down, Buttercup walked into the room and gave a small smile to her family. Blossom's clothes fit pretty well, but we're a little tight, grabbing Butch's attention as he stared at her backside with his jaw dropped.
"Butch, close your mouth and stop staring." His face flushed as Brick snapped him out of his trance.
"All rise." Once everyone in the court except the judge stood up, the Bailiff continued. "Department one of the court is now in session. Judge Earl presiding. Please be seated." Everyone sat back down.
"Good morning ladies and gentleman. Calling the case of CIA boss, Gauge Anderson versus secret service agent, Buttercup Utonium. Are both sides ready?" Both sides looked to each other and then back to the judge.
"Yes, sir." Both replied at the same time. The judge had everyone swear in and with that, the case started.
"Your honor and ladies and gentleman of the jury; the defendant has been charged with the murder of nineteen people within the last month and conspiracy with a terrorist group against the country. The evidence I have will show that she killed all of these people and that she stole nuclear codes from a nuclear base." The lawyer glared over at Buttercup as if daring her to argue against him. She ignored him and stepped forward.
"Your honor and ladies and gentlemen of the court; as stated earlier, I am a secret service agent and the man charging me is my boss. Under the law, I am innocent until proven guilty. None of the evidence he has proves that I wasn't on a mission that was assigned to me because that's exactly what it was. I was simply doing my job that the accuser assigned to me. I will be pleading not guilty." Guage's attorney sent a nasty glare at the young woman, which she once again ignored. The man against her stepped forward again.
"I call guard Daniel to the stand." The guard from earlier walked up to the stand sending the defendant a smug look. The clerk swore the fake guard in before he could be questioned.
"What did you see when you showed up to work this morning?" The opposing side asked the witness.
"Two guards were dead at the front desk so I went to check agent X's cell, only to find three more guards dead; two on the ground and one in her chair. Agent X was nowhere to be found." The lawyer nodded and continued to ask questions.
"Did agent X try to assault you when you caught her?" The witness glared at Buttercup before speaking.
"Yes. She left these bruises on my neck." He pulled down his collar to reveal bruises. The attorney nodded once again.
"Thank you. Nothing further." The judge then looked to Buttercup, who sat patiently and professionally the whole time.
"Would the defend like to ask any questions to the witness?" The accused agent stood up as she was acknowledged.
"Yes your honor." She walked forward and stood in front of the guard.
"When you walked in my cell, did the guards have weapons with them?" The guard looked to the lawyer as if seeking an answer.
"I'd prefer you not look to him for answers and just answer honestly." The guard nervously looked back into her sharp green eyes and flinched at their intensity.
"Yes." The man whispered so that only Buttercup could hear.
"Say it loud enough for everyone to hear." The witness kept his gaze down and spoke louder.
"Yes. The guards in the cell had weapons on them." The guard fidgeted at the pause between questions.
"Did you or did you not have antidote X on you?" The witness remained quiet and the attorney interrupted.
"Objection, your honor!" The judge gave a suspicious look to the lawyer.
"Overruled. You may answer the question. Remember you are under oath." The man swallowed nervously.
"Yes." She nodded and held her left hand to her chin.
"Now tell me. Why would prison guards have weapons and antidote X when they aren't authorized to carry either?" The man's face paled and he stayed silent. She continued to question.
"Is it maybe because you aren't even a guard, but actually part of the same terrorist group that's trying to get rid of me? Actually, you'll probably choose not to answer that question either. You probably should've looked more into your undercover job before challenging me." The guard's face twisted with anger as she insulted his undercover job.
"You fucking bitch! Don't tell me how to do my fucking job!" Her jaw clenched for a second, but a victorious smirk spread across her face.
"So you admit to working as an undercover guard?" The man froze as he realized that he blew his cover and stayed silent.
"Nothing further." The witness was handcuffed and dragged from the court.
"The defendant may now call up a witness." Buttercup stood up and spoke with authority.
"I would like to call the lead forensic investigator to the stand." A middle aged woman walked up to the stand confidently.
"What was the cause of death for the two guards in the front?" The woman replied without hesitation.
"Each died from bleeding out due to a cut to their jugular vein." Buttercup nodded and asked another question.
"Did you identify the murder weapon?" The woman nodded and went into depth with her answer.
"Yes. It was a knife that we later found on the belt of one of the guards in your cell." The young defendant nodded again and put her left hand to her chin again as if thinking hard.
"Would it be fair to say that the guards in my cell killed the guards up front before paying me a visit?" The forensic scientist nodded confidently.
"Without a doubt." The agent nodded and turned to the judge.
"Nothing further." The judge nodded and turned to the accuser.
"Would you like to question the witness?" The lawyer stood up.
"Yes your honor." The man walked to face the witness.
"What do you think of Buttercup as a person?" The defendant's eye twitched and she raised her hand.
"Objection." The judge nodded.
"Sustained. You don't have to answer that question." The accuser growled, but asked a different question.
"Do you think there is any way agent X could have killed the guards up front too and framed the guards in her cell?" The witness held eye contact with the attorney.
"No sir. There was absolutely no evidence that said she had any involvement with the murder of the first two guards." The lawyer took a step closer.
"Are you sure about that? Because I have a few witnesses who believe she is guilty." Buttercup took a deep breath and raised her hand again.
"Objection." The judge nodded and gave a stern look to the accuser.
"Sustained. Don't try to change her answer." Gauge's lawyer huffed and crossed his arms.
"Nothing further." He stalked back to his seat and sat down.
"Does the accuser have any other evidence?" The man smirked and stood up.
"Yes your honor. I have a video." The judge nodded and played the video of Buttercup's mission. Butch covered Rika's eyes as the video played and looked to Brick in panic.
The video finished and the guard turned to the defendant.
"Would you like to defend yourself against this evidence." The young agent stood up.
"Yes your honor. That's a video overview of my latest mission to invade a terrorist base and hack into their plans to steal all of their plots against the country. If it wasn't a mission, it wouldn't have been recorded and the CIA boss wouldn't have the jump drive I got from it, which I assume was going to be his next piece of evidence. Had I wanted it for myself, I wouldn't have handed it off to my boss. The three guards I killed and the witness who admitted to being part of the group were all part of the same organization. I only killed those people in order to protect the country from the terrorist weapons that are on the jump drive. Nothing further." The judge nodded and looked to the young woman.
"And do you have any evidence that proves you're innocent?" She smirked.
"Actually, your honor, I do." She pulled out a small black earpiece and plugged it into a computer. The audio from the day of the mission played back, starting from the first time Buttercup spoke to her partner, when the line cut off, and to the lawyer's surprise, the conversation between Buttercup and her boss, where he announced mission accomplished.
The judge raised a brow and looked to the accuser. "Would you like to defend your client against this evidence?" The lawyer stayed quiet, not answering the question.
"Sir?" The accuser looked up at the judge and shook his head.
"She can't use an audio recording without him knowing about it." The judge looked to Buttercup for an explanation.
"He gave me this earpiece. He knows it records everything that's said around it. It was in plain sight as shown in your video. I didn't hide the fact that he was being recorded." The judge nodded.
"The evidence is legal. Any other defense?" The lawyer glared at the ground.
"No, your honor." The judge then looked towards the jury.
"May the jury make your decisions on whether the defendant is found guilty or not guilty." The jury nodded and walked out of the room.
"Recess." He slammed his gavel into the table and Buttercup immediately walked to her family. She was all but tackled as soon as she got near them.
"Oh my gosh! Buttercup that was amazing!" Bubbles squealed and clung to her older sister.
"I never knew you would be able to make such an educated argument. I'm impressed." Blossom smiled and pulled her sister into a tight hug.
"Since when were you a lawyer? When did you learn that?" Brick questioned, honestly curious. The agent blushed and looked away.
"You're gonna laugh if I tell you." Boomer shook his head.
"No we won't! We're all honestly impressed." She looked back up and gave a sheepish smile.
"I watch a lot of Law and Order..." Everyone's jaw dropped and the professor's was the first to speak up.
"You were going off of a TV show this whole time?" The makeshift lawyer nodded hesitantly.
"Mommy?" Buttercup snapped her attention immediately towards her daughter and knelt down to face her hesitantly, which didn't go unnoticed by anyone.
"Mommy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so mean to you. I don't hate you and I don't want you to leave." The young agent couldn't hold back the huge, genuine smile that crossed her face. She pulled her daughter into a tight hug and buried her nose in her soft black hair.
"I love you Rika." The little girl squeezed her mom tighter and cried into her chest.
"I love you too mommy." The green puff stood up with her daughter still in her arms and kissed the top of her head. She allowed her child to continue to cry into her chest and her attention turned to Butch, who hadn't said a word to her. He was staring at her, but didn't say a word.
The green eyed woman sighed defeatedly and looked away from the father of her child. The jury started to walk back in and Buttercup sunk to her knees to put her daughter down.
"I have to go now Rika. It's gonna be okay baby, I promise." She offered a smile to her daughter and placed a soft kiss on her cheek.
She stood up to walk back to her position, but was stopped by a hand gripping her wrist. She looked back to lock eyes with Butch.
"Butch... Did you need something?" He swallowed nervously and pulled her into a hug that she gladly returned.
"Good luck." She nodded, slightly disappointed.
"Thanks. She hugged the rest of her family and walked back to her spot. The judge hit his gavel and looked towards the jury.
"People of the jury, what have you decided as your verdict?" A middle aged woman stepped forward and looked towards Buttercup's family.
"We find the defendant..."

AN: AHAHAHHAHA Sorry guys I just had to end it like this! Stay tuned for the next chapter!