4. Vasco- Uprising

(Edited)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I looked at Eun-Tae's thin frame, yet holding the spirit of a fighter.

"I won't let you hurt my friends anymore," he said, showing his scarred body. Tears welled up in my eyes. I saw him get beat up even more. I couldn't take it.

But when I opened my mouth, the whole room went black.

I woke up in a cold sweat. Breathing heavily, I checked the time. Fuck. There was only ten minutes to get ready and leave.

Before you could say "Jae and Daniel are baes," I was out of the house, rushing to get to school on time. I finally made it with two minutes to spare. I honestly don't know why people were looking at me strangely. Sure, it was my first day to this school, but is it that weird to be late?

I heard whispers all around me.

"Hey, look. Her skin... It's different."

"Foreigner."

"She looks different from us."

Of course, I had learned to deal with these comments ever since I moved to Korea. I shrugged and looked at my schedule. Approaching a student, I asked where the Architecture Department was.

"Excuse me, do you know where I could find the Architecture Dept.?" I said, tapping a male on the shoulder. He wore a gang outfit, with BNC on the back.

"Oh, yeah. Actually, I'm heading there right now, want to come with?" he said, leading the way. I smiled.

"Thanks."

(Timeskip)

"Hi, I'm the new transfer student, (Y/N) (L/N). I came here from the states," I introduced, bowing slightly. I looked at the sea of people. All males. Great. I quietly sat down, not noticing the two familiar faces in the crowd.

(Timeskip)

I sat down at a table, quietly eating my lunch when I felt a hand smack my back. I looked backwards, facing a pair of sunglasses.

"Gimme your number, girl." I sighed and stood up, brushing of my clothing, then looking at him. I raised my hand then slapped him.

"No," I replied, then sat back down. He growled and pulled on my hair. Cheezus.

"I'm going to have to force it out of you, then." I rolled my eyes and held his wrist in my hand, and squeezed it. He froze, yelling in pain, attracting the attention of the whole cafeteria.

"When a lady says no, she means no." I now pressed my foot down on his shoulder, making his drop to his knees.

"When a lady is abused, she fights back." I slammed my foot down on his shoulder, the guy now was laying on the floor in pain.

"And finally, when a lady fights back, you'll get hurt." I lifted my foot up, calmly strolling back to my seat. I sat down again, and noticed the cafeteria had gone a deadly quiet. I rolled my eyes and just continued to eat my lunch just as if nothing happened.

"Geez, she's a beast!"

"How did she learn to beat Vin Jin?"

"Hoo~ She's fine." I groaned in annoyance and dumped the rest of the scraps in the trash can, then headed outside.

(Timeskip)

Walking under a big oak tree, I hummed to myself.

"Hero Man, Defender of Justice..." I sang quietly, looking at my feet. I saw some guys from my class approach me. There was a big, masculine gangster, with tattoos all over his body, leading them. I scoffed and stood my ground, looking at him.

The only thing that wasn't intimidating about him was the fact that he had this really nervous expression on his face. Kind of like... Eun-Tae. I shook my head, erasing the thought. He was gone from my life, ever since I moved to the states, and back here again. He looked at my eyes.

"If you're here to ask for my number, scram. I don't need anyone else to pity me," I snarled, glaring at him.

"How dare you talk to Vasco like that!" one of the crew members retorted, swinging a fist my direction. The leader stopped it.

"We don't hit girls," he said calmly. I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously? Did your parents name you after 'Hero Man?'" I said, crossing my arms. Vasco, or whatever his name is, shook his head.

"(Y/N)..."

"Yeah, that's my name."

"Do you remember Jace Park and Eun-Tae Lee?" he asked, looking at me. I uncrossed my arms and looked at him suspiciously.

"...Yeah?" I replied, motioning for him to go on. On the inside I was freaking out.

"Well, nice to meet you again, (Y/N)." I watched as another crew member stepped forwards. I gasped, recognizing those large ears almost immediately.

"J-Jace..." I stuttered, tears welling up in my eyes. He smiled.

"Hi (Y/N), long time no see." I giggled and rushed up to hug him. The others stared at us for a second. I smiled again as I broke away. I pointed to Vasco.

"Who's he, Jace?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Look closely and see for yourself." I squinted my eyes and looked at his chest. Faint markings were dented in his chest. I started to grin, as tears of happiness were flowing freely down my cheeks.

"Godammit, Eun-Tae..." I whispered, hugging Vasco, "I didn't think we'd see each other again." Vasco gave a small smile, embracing me back.

"Yeah." I let go and looked at both of my friends.

"It's good to be back."

(Timeskip)

I laughed and talked with the other members of Burn Knuckles, one of their jackets proudly adorning my back.

"Hey (Y/N), Vasco wants to talk with you for a second," Jace beckoned, "Alone." I nodded and stepped forwards, slightly confused. I saw Vasco near the corner, nervous. Like the first day we met.

"Vas?" I asked, "What's wrong?" He inched away from me and took out a a small flower. I gasped and blushed.

"I-I've never been good with w-words..." he stuttered, "Or feelings. But I like you. More than a friend..." I smiled at his cute face. Pecking his cheek, I took the daisy from his hands.

"I love it, Vasco," I whispered, hugging him. He smiled and hugged back, a blush covering his entire face.

"How could I say no to you, Basco?" I giggled, kissing his lips. I pulled away and smiled at him. He gave a happy grin back.

"I love you, my little Tabasco."