Chapter 12.

~flashback to Hinata's seccond night in the hospital~

(Hinata's POV)

Kageyama was asleep next to me on the hospital bed. I looked over at him and smiled. He made me so happy I couldn't express myself in words. I thought of the first time I had told my parents that I was transgender.  I could feel the hate they felt towards me. I remember crying myself to sleep every night thinking how I was the most disgusting thing in the world and how I deserved death. I had began to think that suicide was the only option in my life. That's not how parents are supposed to make you feel. I'm so thankful for aunt Mei and all she's done for me. I could finally feel alive again. After my parents kidnapped me and kept me in the basement I felt useless again. I keep thinking about volleyball and the team when I hear Kageyama sneeze the cutest sneeze I have ever heard.

"Baka you're awake," I said teasing him. "Hey Hinata. It's the middle of the night, why are you still awake?" He asked worried. I shrugged and after a few more minutes of silence I fell asleep.

When I got to go home, Kageyama got to go home too. He kissed me goodbye in my hospital room. We had been staying with each other for a long time so seeing him leave made me feel an unfamiliar sadness. On the way home I cried. "Hinata, please talk to me. I'll be here for you just please talk to me," Mei comforted. "I-I just want a family again," I cried. "Hinata, I am your family. I haven't told you this yet, but I've been thinking of adopting you so that I'm your official mom," aunt Mei told me. "R-really? Oh my god Mei, that would make me so goddamn happy!" I exclaimed. When we got home I simply slept. (And dreamed of Kageyama).