She turns to look at Scarlett and her smile widens. "Wow. My babies are not babies anymore."

We giggle.

"Now, come on," she shoos us towards the boys and their dates. "Join the others for a picture."

"Where's Matt?" I ask, ignoring her order.

Her smiles instantly drops as she lets out a sad sigh. "Not in his best mood. He said he doesn't feel well. Emotionally well."

My heart aches as she says those words. I can't believe Matt. I want him to go to the school dance because of Mario and Marvin. I want my hero to be there for me if anything happens.

And now he says that he's not emotionally well?! He should better have a good excuse rolled up his sleeve because when I find him...

"Come pose for a pic, Kylie," Mark's girlfriend - Aubrey - orders, motioning for me to get closer to them.

"Are you two also going to the dance? You finished high school ages ago," I say, my eyebrows scrunched.

"No, idiot," Aubrey rolls her eyes with a chuckle. "He's taking me out for dinner and then we're going to a hotel."

"Oh," I slowly nod, smiling. "How cute."

"It's not cute when I was the one who forced him to go out with me."

I cringe before giving my brother a disappointed look. "Mark Johnson."

He nonchalantly shrugs, keeping his eyes on his phone.

I feel my phone vibrate again and realize something, quickly making my way to the door. "I'll be right back."

I find Julian just near the fountain, holding a beautiful bouquet of red roses. I blush, biting back a smile. He flashes me an adorable smile as he walks towards me.

He's wearing a black tuxedo and his hair has been combed just perfectly. He gulps as he approaches me and hands me the flowers, his sight glued to my body.

"Sexy as hell, huh?"

"Can't argue there," he smirks.

I smile before calling Thompson, our chauffeur, to give the flowers to Suzanne so that she puts them in a vase with water.

I clasp my hands and turn back to face Julian. "Ready?"

"Yes."

I sigh nervously just before stepping into the house with him, my heart racing wildly as if it's going to jump out of my body. Suddenly, all eyes are on Julian. Even the air has its focus on him. I begin to feel his discomfort due to my brothers' glares.

"Good evening," Julian greets rather anxiously, clearing his throat afterward.

Mom, Mia, Scarlett, and Aubrey greet back with sweet smiles whilst Mark, Mario, Marvin and Marvin's date - Leah - flash him a somber look.

"He's your date?" Mark, the oldest brother, is the first to bark. Aubrey grips his arm as if she knows that he could go a bit wild.

"Your ex-boyfriend is your Valentine?" Mario, the exaggerator, raises an eyebrow, his arms crossed over his chest and a look I can't quite figure lying on his face.

Is that jealousy? What? No.

"Julian Davis?" My twin joins the duo. "Why would you bring your ex to the dance? Are you two back together?"

"No, we're not," I reply to the three of them as I get ahold of Julian's hand. "We're simply going as friends. It's not a big deal."

Mark rolls his eyes and Mario clenches his jaw in fury but decides to remain silent. Why is he the only one that takes this more seriously?