April

Yeah 나를 많이 닮은 듯 다른
넌 혹시 나와 같을까 지금
괜한 기대를 해

Yeah, you and I are similar
but different
Do you feel the same way?
I'm getting my hopes up
ーSoundtrack : Fine, Taeyeon

TWO

March, Is the month that I met him. Summer, Is the season that I started liking him. And a year had passed?

It was again March last month and I started noticing that it wasn't an ordinary 'liking' anymore. It was starting to feel like 'love', every time I stare at him and our eyes will meet.

The tingling sensation, the butterflies in my stomach and the heartache everytime you talk about her. It all starting to become a burden to me, Joonie.

Please tell me what to do? Because the next month from now? It will be summer again.

I shifted my body to the left as I faced the dim light that comes from my nightstand lamp.

My gaze went to the alarm clock that stands beside the lamp. It's already 2 am in the morning.

I snuggled closer to my soft white pillow, closing my eyes as I steady my breathing. I was about to sleep, because clearly? I stayed up all night for nothing.

However, I felt my phone vibrate against the white cotton sheets on my bed and then it started ringing.

I quickly reached for my phone and read the caller's ID. A little smile formed on my lips as I felt my heart went lightweight.

'Namjoon is calling...'

After three rings, I answered the call. It was the same voice I always hear when the clock strikes at 2 a.m.

I said my "Hello." And as usual he said his, "Hey."

We started talking about what happened to us this morning then suddenly he will went quiet for a moment. And that's where he will talk about her.

How her eyes look beautiful, how her smile is the most wonderful thing he had ever seen, but we never talk about how my heart breaks all over again.

I'm always tempted to end the call every time our conversation went to the girl he love yet the pain is too alluring to ignore. He made the pain so beautiful that I can't help but to get addicted for more.

"So, I confessed to her."
Jisoo kinda expected this to happen, afterall she's the one who suggested this one month ago.

But what she didn't expected is how the pain got worse than what normally it is. She find hard to breathe, a burning pain started in her stomach and ended up in her eyes.

"R-really? What did she say?"
She pressed her both lips into a thin line, trying hard to muffle her sobbed.

This is the good thing about phone calls, the person on the other line will have no idea of what's really going on around you. All you need is to act and everything is good.

No one will find out how your eyes bleed in pain from what you just heard from the person you're talking to on the line.

"She asked me to wait."
Jisoo knotted her eyebrows. Wait? Aren't you have been waiting for too long? You love her for years already.

Though she didn't say that, the least thing in her mind right now is to discourage him. Jisoo wanted to be positive when it comes to Namjoon because that's how he is with her.

"Maybe, she got surprised."
She heard him hummed on the other line, and even with that simple act makes her heart somersault already.

"Yeah, I mean that's okay than rejecting me."

"I know."

Maybe she was also right, when her friends swear that they'd be a couple in the future, but Jisoo was quick to turned down the topic by saying:
'He won't like me, we're just friends.'

However, when her friends teased her about him being so caring around her? She can't help but to let her hopes up.

Though she knew that at the end of the day, the girl who Namjoon talked about is obviously not her.

"What if she'll reject me, Jisoo?"

Then I'll have a chance with you.

"She won't."