SpideyPool

High up on a ledge overlooking the city, Peter Parker sat in the pouring rain, mourning. The his suit, already skin-tight, now stuck to his skin like it was glued there, the rain having vacuum-sealed his suit to him.

Peter was The Amazing Spiderman, sworn to defend the city from crime of all sorts, especially the kind with homicidal maniacs with either superpowers or gadgets. The city loved him, naming him their savior, the Guardian Angel of New York.

But tonight, Peter didn't want to be Spiderman. He just wanted to mourn.

The love of his life, Mary Jane Watson, had been dead for two years, tonight marking the anniversary of her death. It had been his fault. All his fault...

Sirens sounded below, but Peter didn't even flinch. The police could handle it tonight. He wanted nothing to do with anyone anymore.

Aunt May kept telling him that he needed to let go, to find someone or something to fill his heart again. But how could he do that? How could he betray her memory like that? Nothing could replace MJ. He couldn't deny that his heart called out for something, though. He had no interest in women anymore.

Maybe i should get a dog-

Peter turned his head as he heard screaming and gunshots in the alley below. The gunshots stopped, and soon he heard the grunts and groans of dying men. Sighing, he jumped down about thirty stories before shooting a web and swinging around the building, onto a beam between the two building, looking for trouble.

There were bodies everywhere, some shot, some stabbed, and still some men were dying. Peter looked up and found a man in a red and black suit slashing man after man with two samurai-looking swords.

"Come get some, ladies! Oh, there's plenty of Deadpool to go around!" He was yelling as he slit a man's belly with one sword and stabbed his throat with another, the scream abrubtly cut off with a gurgle.

Even Peter raised a brow at how skilled he was with fighting. The question was, however, was this Deadpool a good guy or a bad guy?

A man came up behind Deadpool and stabbed him, a blade bursting out of his chest through his heart.

Well, doesn't matter now. Peter thought as he waited for Deadpool to hit the ground dead.

"You son of a bitch, it's expensive to repair holes in this suit!" Deadpool snapped as he turned, the knife still inside him, and sliced the man in half, from groin to scalp.

How is he still alive!? Peter thought, cocking his head in confusion. He was even more confused as Deadpool continued his slaughter with the knife inside him. After a few minutes, all the men were dead, and Deadpool was left standing, panting and soaked in blood, a mixture of his own and the blood of - Peter did a quick count - thirty men. He flicked his swords to clean the blood off them and sheathed them, then proceeded to try and pull the knife out of his back.

"God...dammit... Fucking...henchmen..." He muttered to himself as he spun in circles trying to reach the knife.

"Need some help?" Peter finally spoke up, perched on the beam.

That masked face turned, and cocked to the side, much like a dog's would. "Annnnd who might you be?" Deadpool asked, his arms still reaching behind him for the hilt of the knife.

"Spiderman."

"Mhm, mhm, interesting, really, um could you stop just standing there and staring at me and help me get the fucking knife out of my back, Spidey-pants?"

Well...then. Peter jumped down and walked up to Deadpool. He turned his back and Peter yanked the knife out-

"Yow! Could you have been any more rough, you barbarian?!" Deadpool snapped, whipping around to face Peter and snatching the knife out of his hand. Peter reared back, holding his hands up in surrender. "Sorry! I didn't mean- I thought-"

Deadpool suddenly laughed, tossing the knife over his shoulder. "I'm fuckin' with ya, dude! Calm down." He pointed at the hole the knife had created, where his skin was bared. "I have a healing factor. It's pretty much impossible to kill me. I've been disembowled, decappitated, lost limbs and um, appendages, and yet here I am. Everything grows back."

"That's...wow."

He stuck his hand gloved out. "Name's Deadpool, but you can call me Deadpool."

Peter looked up at the man, and suddenly noticed how much taller Deadpool was than him. Peter only reached his shoulder. Finally, he took Deadpool's hand, who shook it roughly.

"Well, nice meetin' ya Spidey, but I've got a job to do. See ya around, Webs." Deadpool slapped his back as he passed, sending Peter stumbling forward.

"A job?"

"Yeah, I'm a mercenary." Deadpool said without turning around or stopping. "Kill people for money, steal stuff for money, kidnap people for money and all that jazz. Gotta make a living somehow. Laters." And with that, he was gone.

Peter shook his head and took off.

What a strange man, Peter thought as he swung higher into the city, heading home. The entire way home, however, Peter couldn't shake the feeling that he and Deadpool would meet each other again, and soon.