Chapter 12; Shower.

When I stumbled down the stairs to give Ali her sandwich, I found her rummaging through a massive pile of clothes that I happened to have in the basement. They were only there because I was too lazy to take them up to my room.

"Lost something?" I teased, placing the plate on the coffee table.

"I need clothes, these reek of cheep alcohol." she muttered, throwing a couple shirts to the side.

She soon walked back over to the couch, a pair of old gym shorts and my acid house shirt in hand.

"I had a top just like this but I wasn't aloud to bring it with me, I'm stealing yours." she stated, taking my other shirt off and sliding the new one over a sports bra.

I shrugged and took a bite of my own bacon sandwich.

"Turn around." Ali requested.

I did what I was told and faced the staircase, my back to her. I heard her shuffling around for a minute or so until she finally let me turn back around. She looked pretty comfy. After tying her hair into a ponytail, she plonked herself down next to me on the couch and we watched Tom and Jerry together.

I realised how bad I now smelt next to her. I was still wearing the clothes from yesterday, which I had now slept in twice. I had spilt booze down my shirt last night, which didn't help at all.

"Eww, you stink!" she pointed out, actively sitting away from me.

"Thanks, captain obvious." I replied, rolling my eyes at her.

"Well, go shower or get changed or something!" she rasped, shooing me away.

I rolled my eyes at her again turn stood up, grabbing the first pair of pants I could find. Then I made my way to the upstairs bathroom to shower.

The tiles on the floor were freezing. I slammed the bathroom door shut and began to run the water. I stripped from my jeans and shirt and tossed them into the washing hamper, followed by my underwear and socks.

I stepped under the water but it was still freezing cold. Even after 2 minutes of waiting for it to warm up, it never did. Dad must have forgot to pay the gas. Great. It wasn't the first time I had to have a freezing cold shower. It was actually a pretty regular thing. When I had cleaned my body and hair, I jumped out the shower and tyed a towel around my waist. Then I quickly shaved my face and slid into the tracksuit bottoms I had picked up from my pile of clothes.

Making sure I had turned the water off, I jogged back down to the basement, grabbing some snacks from the kitchen before hand.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, Ali's eye's averted to me, scanning my body, it seemed. I hadn't bothered to put a shirt on because I was too lazy to get one from my room, so there I awkwardly stood, being either checked out or judged by the girl staying in my basement.

"You shaved." she commented, turning away to watch the TV again.

"Well spotted." I nodded, sitting down next to her.

She had ate both of our sandwiches and it appeared that she has adventured to the kitchen and taken the carton of orange juice back to the den with her.

"It's freezing." she mumbled, rubbing her hands together and pulling her knees to her chest.

"I'm hot." I replied flatly, shrugging.

She groaned and fell into my shoulder. We stayed and watched TV like that for a while.