Attack

“Where are you, Francis?” I mumble to myself. I really hope that the text is a joke.

A part of me doubts it. Francis is not the type of person who plays a joke on anyone. My heart sinks when I think of it.

“Francis!” I yell, attracting attention from humans around me.

I try to sniff her out, but other scents that are lingering conceal her scent. All these scents are making me dizzy, especially cheap perfumes.

“Francis! Where are you?”

“Bree!”

That’s when I can smell blood. Not just any blood. Francis’s blood.

“Francis!” I scream, panicking this time. I follow her scent to a dark alley with a large shadow at the end of the alley. Thanks to my good eyesight, I can see Francis sitting at the corner of the alley, crying her heart out. The smell of her blood drives me crazy.

My wolf wants his blood. We want to rip him apart for whatever he has done to Francis.

As if he hears me, the man turns around with an evil look on his face. What shocks me is that he looks like a regular human being, except that he has fangs.

Not just any fangs, but vampire-like fangs. They’re real. Watching too many vampire and werewolf movies with Brad is seriously causing me to have hallucinations. I want to rub my eyes to see what I think is real is in front of me.

I don’t have the time to do so when the vampire appears in front of me and put his hand around my neck.

“Look who we have here, another blood source!” he cries happily, tightening his grip on me.

I hiss at him.

Kill him, my wolf tells me.

How?

“I’m guessing this is your friend, little missy. She smells delicious,” he says with a smile that makes him look like a psychopath.

Francis whimpers and looks at me. I notice two small holes in her neck with blood gushing out. She looks really pale.

“Let’s see if you taste as good as your friend,” the vampire says, inching closer towards my neck.

Now, my wolf whispers.

I kick him hard where the sun doesn’t shine. The force is so strong that he drops me and he falls to the ground with pain. I take a few steady breaths before I stand up and shift into my black wolf, ripping my clothes apart in process.

I growl at the vampire as his face turns whiter in fear. Francis looks at me with round eyes.

“Werewolves,” he says in wonder. Looks like the bloodsucker has no idea that my kind exists too.

Without hesitation, I launch towards him. He manages to kick me in the chest, sending me flying and hit the wall. I groan at the impact.

“Bree!” Francis screams.

I shake my head, trying to clear the birds that seem to be flying around me. The vampire runs towards me with lengthen fangs aiming for my throat. I struggle to my feet, but the vampire pins me down with one hand around my neck once more.

Come on, Bree! Think!

“Your fur will make a very good carpet, mutt,” the vampire remarks with a chuckle.

I am not a freaking carpet!

When he turns to look at Francis, I bite the vampire’s throat out of his neck. The vampire has a shock look on his face before he lifelessly falls on me with black blood coming out of his neck.

“Bree?” Francis whimpers frighteningly. 

Author's Note

Cokeee, I need you!!!

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.