Chapter 10

Kai's POV

     "Captain!" Fucking Dan. I groan and cuddle closer to Max. I know what's coming, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

     "I know Dan! We'll be there shortly." Max called quietly, voice sexy from sleep. He sighs, "Kai, Love, you're gonna hafta get up."

     "I know." I release my hold from him and get up slowly, minding my side. Maximus walks over, searching through the dresser.

     "I wasn't able to get my clothing or the clothes I gave you, but in two days time we'll port to stock up." Dread fills my heart. That's when he said he'd sell me. We've grown closer, but he hasn't said he had reconsidered. He puts on trousers, a shirt, and a jacket. After putting on his sword, Max looks at me, thinking. Then reaching in the drawer.

     Max walks up to my form that's still sitting on the bed and kneels down. "I know it's scary, but you're strong. If they go too far, I'll terminate the situation. I'm so sorry Kai." He says sadly. I offer a smile and pull him close, his head on my bare torso.

     "Just hush up," I say, releasing him and planting a kiss on his head. Max rolls his eyes and hands me a pair of pants.

     "Do you need help putting those on?"

     "Please." He chuckles, taking back the pants and helping me step into the legs. Pulling them up, and taking his sweet time tying the strings, giving me his signature smirk. When he's done, Max grabs my hips and pulls me close.

     "If you want to, I'll let you escape..." Max whispers. My eyes widen and I pull away.

     "How could I? No telling what your crew would do to you, not to mention they fucked up my tail. You saw me try to swim, it's pathetic." I say, crossing my arms.

     "I'm sorry Kai."

     "Stop saying sorry, or I'll rip out your tongue and-"

     "Shove it up to my ass?"

     "Shut up. Common, let's get this over with." Max smiles. Good.

      "Well, come on, let's go then." He says, opening up the door. I walk out and see the crew crowding around the entrance. I suddenly get nervous and walk close to Max, who is leading the way to wherever I am supposed to go. We walk up to the stairs to the area where the wheel is. I look to the side to see Henry giving me a smug smile.

     Honestly, Henry didn't look bad. He had dark, short hair, a short beard, and dark skin. His back is hunched and his teeth are crooked, but that's about it for flaws. Max puts a hand on my shoulder, giving it a loving squeeze before he is forced to go to the side. I look down at the rest of the crew and I can't help but feel rage in my soul. I saved this crew, and now I'm being punished by them. The only one I see that doesn't look joyous is Jimmy. I smile, trying to reassure him that I'll be okay. It doesn't seem to work, his face still is filled with dread.

     My thoughts are cut short when I'm kicked in the back on my knees, making me fall upon them onto the unforgiving wood. My expression doesn't change. I don't look behind me, but I can hear the sound of leather being gripped. Henry is not going to be gentle.

     Before I knew it, a loud crack sounds behind me and stinging pain remnants through my back.

End of Chapter