Chapter 12 - A Bored Sorceress; an Irritated Yokai

For once, the wolf princess had been planning on spending an as-ordinary-as-could-be night with Rin, Jaken, Ah-Un and Lord Sesshomaru, but of course, The Dark Sorceress had other plans in mind.

“I’m glad that Hana is back,” The human girl sitting on Ah-Un smiled as Hana walked next to her. Sesshomaru walked slightly in front of them, and Jaken behind. Hana returned Rin’s smile. She too was happy that things had returned back to normal – or as normal as they possibly could be. Her tail had morphed back into one (and she was glad, for six tails were somewhat heavy), and both she and Shinoken no longer had a dark aura.

She quickly glanced over at Lord Sesshomaru. Ever since realizing how great her feelings were towards him, Hana couldn’t go through more than a minute of standing near or looking at him without starting to blush. Sometimes, Rin would jokingly point it out to her. Tonight, though, as Hana’s cheeks flushed, Rin said nothing, only giggled quietly.

Suddenly, Rin looked up at the sky, and a look of fascination became evident on the young girl’s face.

“Look, Lord Sesshomaru.” she pointed up, “The moon is really big tonight.”

Sesshomaru stopped and looked back at Rin, the up at the moon.

“I suppose it is, indeed.”

He then proceeded to continue walking.

Sesshomaru never really displayed much affection to anyone, but the way he cared for young Rin never failed to amaze Hana. She too, looked up at the full moon, and suddenly she felt something peculiar begin to happen. Hana stopped walking, and as she looked up at the bright full moon, images began flashing through the young girl’s head – images of blood and carnage, slaughtered humans and demons alike, and also, an unsettling image of Sesshomaru walking away from her. She clenched her hands into fists, her claws almost digging into the delicate skin of the insides of her hands as suddenly, a familiar desire began to take form inside her. That desire was the desire to kill.

Sesshomaru stopped in his tracks. Something did not seem right. A dark demonic aura was forming somewhere near, and Sesshomaru had a feeling that he knew where it was originating from. He didn’t look away from the path in front of him, but he called to Jaken,

“Jaken,” The little toad demon looked anxious at the sound of his name.

“Yes, Milord?”

“Take Rin and Ah-Un away from here,”

Jaken was about to inquire about the wolf demon when Sesshomaru said flatly, “now.”

Without further opposition, Jaken, who now realized that danger was most likely afoot, led both Rin and Ah-Un back down the path which they had come. Before they disappeared down the trail, Rid bid farewell to Sesshomaru.

Moments after they had gone, Sesshomaru turned around just in time to notice the wolf girl turn her gaze away from the moon and onto him. She wore the same transfixed look she’d had before.  She clenched her small hands tightly into fists, and she appeared to be growing anxious. It was clear that Hana was growing wary of being under someone else’s control – no, it wasn’t that. She was simply tired of causing him so much trouble. She had explained that to him earlier.
There was a hint of annoyance in Sesshomaru’s eyes. If he ever managed to find the so-called “dark sorceress” who was doing this, he would surely not hesitate about taking her life. After plaguing him so with such a bothersome matter, and for no apparent reason, he was just about ready to lop off this “Lady Ayame’s” head. Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes as he looked at Hana who stood unmoving. He wished for anything but to see the girl once again in the state which he had first found her in.

“Hana,” He called her name. Though no one would have probably noticed, he had said her name with a slight growl, perhaps out of frustration. Hana made it obvious that trying to talk to her would be to no avail as she began to reach for her sword which was tied to her side, clutching its hilt and pulling it out of it sheath. There were still traces of blood on it; it was almost impossible for the scent to go unnoticed.

“Hn,” Sesshomaru contemplated what he would do now.

Hana then did something that Sesshomaru had not quite expected. She spoke. Only, the voice coming out of her mouth was not her own.

“Don’t be frustrated……Lord Sesshomaru.” The voice, which Sesshomaru believe to be Ayame’s, taunted. Sesshomaru stood, observant and ready to act if even the unexpected were to occur.

“I seems both you and my dear Hana are dying to find out why I’ve been tormenting you like this. I suppose it’s simply because I was bored. And what better way to amuse myself than to cause trouble for the great Lord of the Western Lands?”

Sesshomaru was growing greatly annoyed. If the woman hadn’t been speaking through the wolf demon’s body, he would have already given her a taste of his poison claws.

He let her finish, but he also withdrew his sword.

“Why draw your sword, Sesshomaru? I know you wouldn’t dare ending the life of the very girl you once resurrected. I also think that would devastate poor Hana: that the very man she has feelings for would even think of killing her. I don’t know whether or not you’ve noticed the way she looks at you – you inu yokai can be oh so….dense.”

Ayame – well, Hana – gave a sly smile as she fully unsheathed her sword.

“But as I was saying, I was bored, so I put a spell on young Hana’s tail. Because of this, as long as the moon is high she will forever remain under my control. I really don’t know what it is with wolves and the moon – it never fails to captivate them. It’s….intriguing.”

Sesshomaru gritted his teeth as his frustration, for once, grew almost unbearable.

“Silence,” he growled at her, taking a step forward.

“You wouldn’t” she grinned, and suddenly Hana’s transformation into her more powerful state began. Her dark aura grew stronger, and her one tail began forming itself into six. As Ayame finally decided to cease her talking, a look of anger replaced Hana’s original spellbound expression. She glared and Sesshomaru and tightly held onto her sword.

Would she really try to attack him?

The thought was both amusing, and at the same time, unsettling (amusing because both he and Hana knew that she wouldn’t stand a chance against him).
But what would he do in the event that Hana actually became compelled to try to kill him?

A sudden thought struck Sesshomaru.
He raised his sword, as if ready to strike, knowing the reaction it would evoke from the entranced wolf demon.