Simple

"Why can't you just accept me? Love me? Please we've known each other for so long I've given you everyhting I have so why-", his cries are interrupted by a plain voice, "it's simple Seok ah, I don't love you."

Febuary 6, 2017

Hoseok is 22 years old, just got back from buying flowers for the girl he loves. She doesn't know about his planned confession yet but she will soon. Hoseok has been in love with her for as long as he can remember, her smile, her voice, her personality, everything is his type. The two have been best friends for three years now and he felt that it was finally time.

"This is is, I'm gonna do it" Hoseok plasters on a brave face as he walks up to his best friends apartament door.

"Oh! Hoseok I wasn't expecting you", after some small talk Hoseok leaned on the door frame nervously, nearly dropping the flowers.

"Hoseok, who are those for?"

"What are whos for?"

"The flowers silly, I know those from anywhere they're my favorite. So tell me, who's the lucky gal?" she smiles a warm smile, making Hoseok's heart melt.

"U-uh," Hoseok clears his throat and whipes his sweat palms, "t-they're for you actually. I-I love you!" he shoves the flowers to her, hiding his blushing face behind the beautiful buquet. The girl is taken by surprise, then she says it.

"Hoseok, I need to tell you something. I'm so sorry but I can't accept these."

Hoseok's heart sank. How can this be happening? He loves her and he thought that she loves him. Turns out that simple wish is wrong. He feels humilitated, angered, scared, and sad all at once.

"But, why?" is all he can say, which he immediatley regrets since it's such a stupid question.

"My heart belongs to someone else Seok, I'm sorry" she says, voice full of nothing. She doesn't even feel sorry, she's emberassed for him. Hoseok can feel warm tear well up in his eyes, but he blinks them back the best he can.

"Why can't you just accept me? Love me?  Please we've known each other for so long I've given you everyhting I have so why-", his cries are interrupted by a plain voice, "it's simple Seok ah, I don't love you."

Hoseok's heart shatters in that moment, he chokes out, "It's okay, I understand" he doesn't. He doesn't understand at all. "I-uh, - have to go I just missed a call, talk later?" he wasn't going to talk to her again. Not today, not tomorrow, possibly not ever again. She just nods her head saldy and closes the door leaving him a broken destroyed mess.

Hoseok walks out of the building, it's a beautiful day outside. He feels like he's being mocked. How can today be so beautiful when his heart feels so numb. He takes the flowers, has a last glance at them and throws them in a trash bin. His heart is broken, his hamanity stripped, and his happiness taken away all within a span of twenty minutes.

"Today is horrible, but tomorrow, maybe I'll see better days from now on." he tries to stay positive but the tears that run down his cheeks tell another story.

-

It's been two weeks and Hoseok hasn't left his studio. He has been trying his damnest to forget about that once horrible day but it still stays tattoed in his mind. Hoseok is in the middle of a dance he's been working on for the past week when he hears the door open. No one comes into this studio, he thinks. Then a moment of dread runs over him and he fears that it might be her. He tries his best to ignore the steps that come closer to him. Hoseok is mid-turn when a pair of petite, pale arms bring his arms down and stop him completley.

"Hoseok, please rest I've been worrying about you" a warm voice poured through his ears like honey and he immediatley knows who it is. He turns, sad smile on his face as he faces his hyung.

"Yoongi-" he tries to choke back tears he didn't even know he was holding in but at that moment seeing the genuine worry in his face hurt him more than his rejection.

"Sshhh, sit down, I'll go grab your water" Hoseok sits in the middle of the floor, catching heavy breaths as the older goes to grab a drink. Yoongi comes back, smiling and he has Hoseok tell him everyhting.

"She doesn't love me. I made a complete fool of myself thiniking that someone could actually like a guy like me."

"I like you"

"What was that?"

"I said I like your shoes!" Yoongi slams his face into the tablet he was holding. Hoseok is a little taken back by his odd actions but then again, they aren't unusual for Yoongi.

"Say, how about we go out and see if you can find you someone?"

"I don't know Yoongi, I don't think anyone can replace her in my heart"

"Go thither, and with unattainted eye. Compare her face with some that I shall show, and I will make thee think thy swan a crow." Yoongi states dramatically.

"You're pulling a Shakespeare quote on me now?" Hoseok giggles and hits his friend softly. Yoongi's heart flutters to see the younger smile the smile that he's missed for so long.

"Whatever helps"

-

They first go to the mall, every girl Yoongi points out Hoseok denies feelings for. This will be harder than Yoongi thought. Yoongi is about to point out someone else until he sees a record store and is quickly distracted, "Hoseok, can we please look in here pleeaase?" Yoongi pouts cutley to which the younger can't deny. But Hoseok asks, "what about that girl?

"What girl?"

"The girl you were gonna point out ot me"

"Why would I point out a girl to you?"

"Belvolio" Hoseok sings, trying to bring Yoongi back to his senses.

"OH I'm sorry let me just," Yoongi runs into the store at lightening speed and leaves Hoseok to smile warmly after his hyung. How cute, he thinks to himself.

-

They are now in a cafe, Yoongi is coming back from buying thier drinks and continues to try to get Hoseok interested in one of the cute girls who work at the counter. He's denied feelings once again.
     "Jung Hoseok it's been a week I don't know what to do with you!" He sips his coffee and Hoseok just sighs in defeat.
     "I'm sorry hyung, I know you've been trying your best but I just can't seem to-" Hoseok then looks into the elders' eyes. He lets out a silent "oh". Yoongi is perfect, his facial features are cute and attractive and over the past week Hoseok has been falling in love with his personality and his everything. But Hoseok can't be into guys, let alone Yoongi that would be weird.

But Yoongi hyung I do love you, maybe my heart has made up its mind and that's why. Thank you for your help but it turns out this is all I needed. You.

     "I don't know any girls who could be interested but I know someone." Yoongi trails off, playing with his sleeves nervously.
Hoseok chuckles, "and who might that be?"

"Me"

Not proofread hope you all enjoyed this! - Kubo 💕