Chapter 11 - Questions

Hana's eyes opened slowly, and eventually, a blurry world became clear once more. She felt something almost prickly on her side and concluded that it was grass. By slightly tilting her head up, she could see the open sky. Its light blue shade indicated morning. 

For some strange reason, Hana's head hurt, but she could not decipher why. The last thing she remembered was hearing an enchantingly beautiful voice, and somehow following that voice to somewhere out of the Lady Mother's castle - entranced. 

That's right… 

She had been with Rin… 

Rin...!

That was when Hana realized what she had done. 

Wherever she was at the moment, she had left Rin all alone. 

Lord Sesshomaru would have her head. 

Just the thought alone caused the wolf demon to spring into an upright position. 

Looking in front of her, she noticed that she was near the edge of a cliff. A distance away, she could see a small village and past that, some mountains. 

Was that song a dream? Had she been sleep walking?

That would have been an unusual occurrence. 

Hana soon realized that she was all alone, in the middle of Kami-knows-where. There was silence other than the sound of crickets and the gentle morning breeze. She began to feel somewhat isolated. 

Suddenly, that feeling of loneliness became but a mere memory as a familiar and comforting scent caught her nose, which had become much more sensitive since first starting her journey with Lord Sesshomaru. And that was exactly whom she had smelled. 

Hana scanned all around her, and though she saw no one, she knew that he was near.

She needed to find him. 

But could she even face Sesshomaru considering the fact that she had no clue where Rin was?

Of that, Hana was unsure, but she knew that she couldn't sit there - wherever there was - all day. 

"I suppose I have to." She whispered to herself, before attempting to get up. But before she could actually manage to stand up, Hana felt something awfully large and......fluffy...weighing her down. Having no idea what it was, the wolf demon slowly turned her upper body in order to get a good look at what was behind her. 

Some kind of creature……a demon?

But the thing resting on Hana, as white as the hair on her head, was no creature at all. 

It was... her tail? No, it was…her tails?

Hana's tail had never been so large and prominent before, and now not only did it appear as if it had doubled - maybe tripled - in size since the last time she had seen it, but she had five others.

How could that even possibly happen?

She looked down at her six tails as if they were not her own, bewildered. 

Sesshomaru walked through the semi destroyed village, examining the damage that had been done. Whoever had terrorized the village had to be fairly powerful, looking at the amount of humans slain and houses destroyed. 

He wasn't even sure why he was bothering to look for the wolf girl still (Maybe because of how fond of her Rin seemed to be. Rin probably would have been greatly displeasured if he didn’t manage to find the girl. He did not want Rin to be unhappy.)