Chapter Twelve: Gone

Start from the beginning

"I'm not going to hurt you. That's what I've been working on, you know this." He pleaded, trying to get me to snap back into the confidence, but it was long gone.

"I'm sorry, sir." I felt my eyes well up with tears, he would only like me when I was confident, he wouldn't like a crying, useless, broken slut like me.

He quickly ushered me out of the dungeon area, leaving behind a chuckling Beta Natalia. She had won, once again. Percyus tugged me up the stairs and into his room, far away from anyone. He shut the door, unknowingly making my heart jolt in fear and make my stomach churn. Maybe he brought me here to punish me. That's probably it.

I did what I told myself not to do, and started talking, "I'm sorry to speak out of turn, b-but I want you to stop being nice to me. I know that it's fake... I was only birthed to clean, cook, and serve pack members. I don't deserve to be treated this way and be able to sleep in a bed like the one you gave me, eat the packs food, not have chores to do all day. I am just a useless slut. You don't have to pretend to like me, and you can punish me for all the things I've done wrong, I deserve it. I've been a bad wolf a-and I'm sorry." I took a deep breath, feeling as if I might've just made this a whole lot worse.

During my little speech, his eyebrows had drawn together and a frown bore deep in his face. He must've been angry. Angry at me for feeling sorry for myself and speaking my mind. I shouldn't have said anything. Who am I to think I have the right to speak my mind?

"I'm sorry, sir. I had no right to say tha-"

"Quit it." He interrupted, taking a large step forward to place himself right in front of me. "Quit thinking that you don't have the right to say what you want. You speaking your mind is exactly what I was waiting to happen, I was just sad that what you said."

"I'm sorry..." I aimed my eyes at my toes, a sinking feeling dwelling in my chest. I'd disappointed him.

Instead of arguing more, he simply stepped forward and gently pulled me into a soft hug. He wasn't grasping me firmly as he did early when he was possessive, he was gentle and tentative. I felt myself start to relax before I immediately pulled myself back to reality and straightened back up. Who am I to think he would ever care about me? It's all an act. It's all an act. It's all an act.

"How about some food, then bedtime? It's getting late." He murmured, his hot breath hitting a spot in my hair that sent shivers down my spine.

I nodded, "Whatever you'd like."

He grabbed my hand and led us out of the room. I was glad that he dropped the subject of my apology speech, but I was sure that it would come back up later in a form of punishment. My hand never ceases its light shake in his firm grasp, much to my displeasure. Who would want to hold the hand of a girl who can't even stop her hands from shaking in fear?

We came to a stop in the kitchen and i slipped my hand out of his. I was shocked when I felt an odd sense of loneliness without his touch, just like earlier today. However, I brushed it off, stepping behind the counter. "What would you like me to make?"

He looked up as if startled, "You want to make it?"

I was confused, I knew he had maids to cook, but I doubt he'd have them help with me here to do it for him. "I just figured. If you don't want me to it's fine, I'm a bad cook anyway."

"No, it's not that. If you want to cook you may, but I just don't want you to feel liek you have to, because you don't." He elaborated.

"I'm fine with making it." I said, a small blush of embarrassment blooming on my cheeks. Way to go. Way to sound like an idiot.