Chapter 24: Unexpected

°Ayame's POV°

It's been 5 years since the last ninja war. Naruto was not made Hokage, but he was made the protector of all the shinobi, along with Sasuke by his side, it was more than he could ever wish for. Sakura's stronger than ever now, she's grown into a fine young lady. Sakura is a Jōnin leader for new Genin's, Yukiko is one of her students. Yukiko's became a great little girl, very smart and skilled. Her hair colour darkened to a colour like mine, her eyes are a beautiful shade of navy blue. I'm proud of my daughter, and I'm proud that the little boy I raised became a hero. As for me, well... I'm the protector of all Jinchūriki's also personal teacher for helping those to tame there beasts. Yes, all the bijuu have been brought back, however their former Jinchūriki lays in peace. Many lives were taken away that day, I regret not being able to help them! But the past is in the past, they're all in the better place now. The bond that formed between all the villages has payed off, we are all in peace. Until.... My eyes change. I will be ready for that day though, I'm not going to ruin the peace we have finally managed to achieve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll see you tomorrow Ayame-Sensei!" The Jinchūriki of the two tails waved good bye as she was transported back to her village. In the past few years we've developed a way to transport to different villages much easier and quicker than before. Shikamaru Nara was the one who made all of this, swear to god, all the genin's we've trained have turned into amazing people. They've all surpassed us in different, unique ways. I walked out of the training ground and walked over to Training Ground 7. Sakura's taken over this team, well, she was a former member of Team 7 after all. A cloud of dust covered my face as I arrived. I coughed and fanned the air.

"Gomen Ayame-san! My students have been training non-stop since they got here." Sakura apologised. I smiled and turned my head to Yukiko.

"Mom!" Yukiko called, walking up to me. I hugged her an kissed her head.

"So what have you and your teammates been up to today?"

"Well, Kanna, Shiro and I are learning about chakra natures." A picture of Kakashi flashed in my mind, I remember that day he taught those three about chakra natures. I smiled and placed my hand on her head.

"Well do you know what chakra nature you have then?"

"Well, crystal nature type, earth nature type and lightning nature type." Yukiko replied with a smile.

"Well that's great! Let's go home now shall we? Sakura, we'll be going now." I informed and got hold of Yukiko's hand.

"Okay, bye Ayame-san, Yukiko-chan!" Sakura waved as we left the training ground.

"Ive got to get something at the front gates okay, do you want to come?" I asked as I headed for the gates, Yukiko nodded and followed me. I got to the gates and walked up to the two shinobi. They gave me a wrapped up box with a string tied around it. Okay, this is the thing. I turned around and my eyes widened. I dropped he box and stared at the sight I was staring directly at. My heart started beating fast uncontrollably. A man with silver hair and a mask was opposite me with a backpack on his back.

"Ka-ka-shi?" I placed my hand on my cheek. Tears ran down my face, I couldn't help to let them fall down my cheeks. I ran up to him and trembled. I jumped onto him, hugging him tight. Arms wrapped around my waist.

"Kakashi! Kakashi! Kakashi!" I cried out taking in his scent. It changed from the last 8 years.

"A-yame." He finally spoke. I moved my head back and looked into his deep, black eyes.