IU

IU PROFILE & FACTS

Original Name: Lee Ji Eun

Stage name: IU

Ethnicity: South Korean

Career: Singer - Songwriter, Guitarist, Actress, TV/Radio Host

DOB: May 16th 1993

Birth place: Seoul, South Korea

Ht: 5'3" ( 162 cm )

Wt: 104 lbs ( 47kg )

Astro sign: Taurus

IU and her start in Music

Ji Eun Lee, is a super cute and now, super famous kpop artist. She was born in Seoul, South Korea in 1993 and made her first debut on September 24th, 2008 at the young age of 15.

IU started studying music early on during her school years. She was lucky enough to have a formal music education. From this, she learned song writing, vocals, and playing instruments like the piano and the guitar.

When she was about 11 years old she stopped her musical education and started going to auditions. She was not accepted for several reasons such as not being pretty enough or the lack of dancing skills. Even the famous entertainment company JYPE turned IU down when she was about 14. The owner of JYPE, says that turning down IU might have been one of his biggest mistakes. He also co-starred with her on the tv show Dream High.

After tons of auditions she eventually signed a contract with LOEN Entertainment. Probably one of the best decisions the company could have ever made!

Cool Facts About IU

Her Label company created the stage name IU, the meaning is " I + you become one through music"

IU's popularity has been dubbed the " IU syndrome "

She really likes to do acting and being on tv.

IU has sold over $1.37 million worth of online sales in the first 3 months of 2011

Breaking new ground in South Korea, IU is now taking Japan by storm!

Her most recent album, Last Fantasy, Is one of the best selling albums in Australia

The song " Good Day " displays her talent of singing in 3 different octaves

Really good at playing Guitar

She has won a Bonsang Award at the Seoul Music Award show

Best vocal solo performance award at the Mnet Asian Music Awards ( MAMA )

Probably one of the most humble artists in the industry, always appreciating and giving back to her fans.

Her Dad inspired her to take an interest in music, she is totally a daddy's girl

IU goes to an all girls High School

Actress in Dream High & Dream High 2 as Kim Pil-suk

CREDIT

http://midasfx.hubpages.com/hub/Sexy-Kpop-Singer-IU-Yi-Ji-eun