Chapter 1

"Well, Mrs. Winthrop, it's official. You are pregnant." Dr. Copley tells an ecstatic Theresa.

Dr. Copley leaves Theresa to get dressed after her examination. Dr. Copley did a complete examination because it had been so long since Theresa's last physical exam, she wanted to be sure Theresa was in good physical health. Theresa told Dr. Copley that she felt fine, but Dr. Copley just wanted to be sure.

Theresa and Ethan had been trying for three years to have another child to give big brother EJ (Ethan Jr.) and  big sister Jane a little brother or sister. She couldn't wait to get home and tell Ethan the good news. She decided she was going to make Ethan's his favorite meal: a taco fiesta. Ethan just loved Theresa's tacos. She would plan a romantic taco fiesta for two and tell Ethan their good news.

Ethan came home from work after a long day at his private law practice, Ethan Winthrop, Attorney at Law, LLC. He was surprised to see the table set for two and their cozy house smelling of Theresa's great tacos. He wondered what Theresa had planned for them. When Theresa saw that Ethan was home from work, she was so happy she gave Ethan a passionate kiss on his lips.

"Whoa, Babe." Ethan exclaimed. "What brought that on?"

"I'm just happy to have you home." Theresa said, with excitement. "I made you your favorite dish, my special taco fiesta."

"I see. I'm famished. I can't wait to dig into your tacos. I just love your tacos."

"I know. This is a special night, Ethan."

"It must be. The table is only set for two?"

"EJ is spending the night at Cameron's house tonight."

Theresa brought out the tacos and Ethan and Theresa ate a wonderful dinner. As soon as Ethan was finished, Theresa told him the good news in a way Theresa only could. She brought out his favorite dessert, chocolate cream pie served with a romantic card.

Ethan picked up the card and read it:

"I love you so much Ethan! Congratulations! You are going to be a father again!"

 Ethan's face lit up after he read the card. He kissed Theresa passionately.

"Really, Theresa? We're having another baby?!"

"Yes, Ethan. Dr. Copley confirmed the news this afternoon."

"Oh, I'm so happy. A baby brother or sister to give to EJ and Jane."

Ethan kissed Theresa again. They left the dishes on the table as Ethan carried Theresa upstairs. They made love all night.

Dr. Copley is still in her office when she receives Theresa's exam results. She is grief stricken when she reads the exam. She has to tell Theresa in the morning.