The Doctor's Wife Pt. 6

"We are in your universe now, Doctor. Why should it matter to me in which room you die? I can kill you just as easily here as anywhere. Fear me. I've killed hundreds of Time Lords."

"Fear us. We've killed all of them" {Y/N} says, Idris is still telepathically telling Rory stuff.

"I don't understand. There isn't a forest in here" Rory says.

"Yeah, you're right. You've completely won. Oh, you can kill us in oodles of really inventive ways, but before you do kill us allow us and friends Amy and Rory to congratulate you on being an absolutely worthy opponent" {Y/N} says.

"Congratulations," Amy says as her, {Y/N} and the Doctor start clapping.

"Yep, you've defeated us. Us and our lovely friends here, and last but definitely not least, the TARDIS Matrix herself, a living consciousness you ripped out of this very control room and locked up into a human body. And look at her" the Doctor says.

"{Y/N}, Doctor, she's stopped breathing," Rory says.

"Enough. That is enough."

"No. It's never enough. You forced the TARDIS into a body so she'd burn out safely a very long way away from this control room. A flesh body can't hold the TARDIS Matrix and live. Look at her body, House" {Y/N} says.

"And you think I should mourn her?"

"No. I think you should be very, very careful about what you let back into this control room. You took her from her home. But now she's back in the box again, and she's free" the Doctor says as the golden energy streams from Idris into the console then out again and through the TARDIS.

"No. Doctor, {Y/N}, stop this. Argh! Stop this now."

"Oh, look at our girl. Look at her go. Bigger on the inside. You see, House?" {Y/N} smiles.

"Make her stop!"

"That's your problem. Size of a planet, but inside you are just...so...small!" the Doctor says.

"Make it stop!"

"Finish him off, girl!" the two Time Lords shout.

"Ow. Don't do this! Argh!" golden Idris is standing on the stairs.

"{Y/N}, Doctor, are you there? It's so very dark in here" Idris says.

"We're here" {Y/N} says as her and the Doctor stand in front of Idris, she looks down at them "hey."

"I've been looking for a word. A big, complicated word, but so sad. I've found it now."

"What word?" the Doctor asks.

"Alive. I'm alive."

"Alive isn't sad" {Y/N} says.

"It's sad when it's over. I'll always be here, but this is when we talked, and now even that has come to an end. There's something I didn't get to say to you both."

"Goodbye?" the Doctor asks.

"No. I just wanted to say hello. Hello, Doctor and {Y/N}" Idris says, the two Time Lords names echo faintly "it's so very, very nice to meet you and please do forgive each other, you two are made for much more than fighting and ignoring one another" {Y/N} smiles sadly tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Of course," she chokes out, Idris also start crying

"Please. We don't want you to. Please" the Doctor sobs, {Y/N} pulls him towards her.

"I love you both" Idris whispers as she dematerialises, the Doctor sniffles onto {Y/N}'s shoulder.

"I forgive you" he mutters.

"Shhh, I know my love. I know" {Y/N} whispers kissing his hair, Amy and Rory watch on sadly. Later, the Doctor and {Y/N} are doing some work below the console, they laugh quietly.

"How's it going under there?" Rory asks.

"Just putting a firewall around the Matrix. Almost done" {Y/N} says.

"Are you going to make her talk again?" Amy asks.

"We can't," the Doctor says.

"Why not?" Rory asks.

"Spacey wacey, isn't it?" Amy asks.

"Well, actually, it's because the Time Lords discovered that if you take an eleventh-dimensional matrix and fold it into a mechanical then... yes, it's spacey wacey" {Y/N} says.

"Sorry. At the end, she was talking. She kept repeating something. I don't know what it meant" Rory says.

"What did she say?"

"The only water in the forest is the river. She said we'd need to know that someday. It doesn't make sense, does it?" Rory asks.

"Not yet. You ok?" the Doctor asks.

"No. I watched her die. I shouldn't let it get to me, but it still does. I'm a nurse" Rory says.

"Letting it get to you. You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now, that's all that counts" {Y/N} says.

"Nearly finished. Two more minutes, then we're off. The Eye of Orion's restful, if you like restful. I can never really get the hang of restful. What do you think, dear? Where shall we take the kids this time?" the Doctor asks looking at {Y/N}.

"Are you talking to the TARDIS or me?"

"Both" the Doctor smiles.

"Look at you pair. It's always you three, isn't it, long after the rest of us have gone. A boy, a girl and their box, off to see the universe" Amy says.

"Well, you say that as if it's a bad thing. But honestly, it's the best thing there is. The House deleted all the bedrooms. I should probably make you two a new bedroom. You'd like that, wouldn't you?" the Doctor says, Rory and Amy start whispering.

"Ok. Er, Doctor, {Y/N}, this time could we lose the bunk beds?" Amy asks.

"No. Bunk beds are cool. A bed with a ladder. You can't beat that. It's your room. Out those stairs, keep walking till you find it. Off you pop" the Doctor says.

"Doctor, {Y/N}, do you have a room?" Rory asks Amy pulls Rory away. Later, the Doctor's work is finished, him and {Y/N} are standing at the console.

"Are you there?" the Doctor asks "can you hear me? Oh, I'm a silly old... Ok. The Eye of Orion, or wherever we need to go" the levers move on their own.

"Ha ha! Whoo hoo!" the two start laughing and running around the console.

---

~Bread 🍞