Oliver's Appearance

And with that, Tahl and Natalie were off again! They ran at about the same speed, with Natalie questioning why Tahl thought they needed to be further away. Tahl quickly explained that the further they were from the entry point, the better, because a demon of trickery would've seen Natalie's plan. Tahl thought C played dumb so he could torture Natalie and Tahl more. Natalie knew C wouldn't have seen her plan, but decided not to say anything.

And they ran.

And ran.

And ran for, what felt like an hour to Tahl. Natalie said it had only been 15 minutes, but Tahl was pretty sure Natalie thought this would raise their spirit. It didn't.

After the "15 minutes", Tahl and Natalie were at their camp. This one would probably be good for a while, it's well-hidden, and- wait a minute. If this place is just, well, whatever it is, how are there specific camps Natalie has laid out?

"Hey, Natalie. I have another question."

"Huh? What this time? I thought I would've answered any questions you had by now."

"Well, do we have to eat or sleep here?"

"No, but we can if we want to."

"Then how do you have specific places for camps? I mean, we could just stay anywhere, and- what? Why are you looking at me like that? ....? Oh, OOOHHHHHHHH, there's someone behind me, huh?"

Tahl turned around.

There was a boy. He looked about Tahl's age, but he had an "Old Fashioned" kind of vibe. Literally, he was wearing clothes that looked old and worn out. The clothes also would've looked old on a timeline. At least 111 years old. I don't have much time to talk about him, though, for Tahl seems to be in a pickle of a situation.

"Nat, you didn't seem like the type to be traitorous." Natalie walked to him.

"Easier than running away, and less of a punishment. But you. Tahl. You have a chance. Run." 

Tahl didn't need the directive. Tahl ran, as quickly as they could manage, away. Even though Tahl obviously knew you weren't supposed to look back, they did anyway. They turned around. No one. Tahl quickly turned 360 degrees, to check for anyone from any direction. No one. Tahl looked up, because no one ever looks up, and they might've been going for a sneak attack. No one. 

(Hey just a random question, nothing to do with the story, if the plural of Moose is Moose, then wouldn't the singular just be moo..?)

The bitter irony of it all was just that. Now that Tahl was "safe", they were in more danger than ever! They didn't know their way around, they were in what was possibly another dimension, and who even KNOWS how they were meant to get out! 

Tahl wondered if C was an omnipotent being, or just like a human. He was probably somewhere between, Tahl guessed. Well, it seemed as though Tahl would stay here, in the middle of nowhere, surviving for the rest of their life. If they even HAD a death, maybe in this place you're immortal, or something. 

Maybe some creatures live here and would help Tahl for whatever reason. Tahl had no idea what could be here, or what this place had in store for them. They DID know, however, that they were in trouble. That trouble would soon increase.