Chapter Twenty-Four

An hour later I was still sitting in the bar unsure of what to do. I had completely ruined everything. I was stupid and only looked out for my self. I didn't care if others were hurt as long as I wasn't hurt. I was a bitch.

Hearing Jon's voice was...different. I imagined the day I would hear it again it would be like that night. I would hurt all over. My panic attack would kick in. I wouldn't be able to breathe. But here I sat. I felt nothing. I wasn't sure if it was because I was numb from the alcohol or because Jon has no control over me anymore. Either way I was terrified.

"Hey sweetie." a heard a guy say next to me.

"Get lost, I'm not interested." I said not even bothering to turn and look at him.

"Neither am I. You're not my...type." he said and I picked up the hint that the was gay.

"Then what?" I asked.

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay. Hey Frankie, get her some coffee." he shouted over to the bartender.

"You know that's just a myth, right? Coffee doesn't actually sober you up." I stated.

"Says who." he smiled.

"Me."

"Well, me, I guess you've never had this coffee before." He said sitting it down infront of me and getting up.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked and he turned and sat down again.

"You just did but shoot." He smiled trying to lighten the mood.

"Do you think everything happens for a reason?" I questioned him.

"You mean like a higher power is in charge of our fate? Yes, I do." He said honestly.

"So the reason I caught me ex cheating on me...there's a reason."

"Yes."

"And there's a reason I possibly just screwed up everything with the most amazing guy." I said. I fought hard to keep back my tears.

"I don't-"

"I just feel so numb. Why?" I looked at him. "Have you ever felt that way?"

"Yes. I'm also pretty sure it's just because of the alcohol." He said. He was very straight forward with me even though I was a complete stranger.

"That's not true. I feel it all the time." I said.

"I think you need to cry. You have a lot of anger and sadness built inside you. I can see it. It's not good for a girl your age to keep everything inside. You need to let it out. Cry, break something, scream. Let it out." His advice was something I definitely needed to follow. I opened my mouth and let out a huge screech. I instantly felt his hand cover my mouth. "Just not here. Don't want you scaring my costumers away." And then I did something that seemed impossible for me. I laughed.

"I'm sorry." I said still laughing.

"Everything always gets better. I promise." And with that, he left.

I stared at the cup of coffee for what seemed like an hour. Although, it was probably five minutes. When you're drunk time doesn't really exist. I downed the coffee within seconds and instantly felt better.

"Guess he was right." I said to myself laughing.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket once again. I ignored it. It was probably one of the boys, Cassie, or Eleanor.

"You know it's rude to ignore people's phone calls." I heard a all too familiar voice behind me say. I turned around and my questions were answered.