G-DRAGON OF BIGBANG FACTS
1. G-Dragon's full name is Kwon Ji-Yong.
2. G-Dragon's stage name came from his real name Jiyong (G "지" [Ji] & "용" [Yong] wich means "Dragon" in Korean).
3. GD was born in August 18, 1988. So, by the Chinese calendar, he was born in the year of dragon. So matched with his name, right? ^^ And also he is a Leo.
4. Personality: GD could be as hard as he wants; as cool as he wants, depending on his mood. He is the kind of cheerful guy; he could easily calm himself down. GD has a high self-esteem, he is easy going, talented, and has strong charisma. He also the one who could be relied on; lovable. He skill in songwriting doesn't only make him a member of a boyband but also a good producer.
5. At Bigbang's debut in 2007, GD won Best Songwriter Award in MKMF (MNet Km Music Festival)
6. GD also known with the name Iguana Idol, because in a year he could change the color of his hair several times. It also makes the VIP (Bigbang's fans) worried his hair could be damaged.
7. For American musicians, GD idolizes Jay-Z, Beyonce, Rihanna, Blackstreet, JO, Pharrell, Maroon 5, Mondo Grosso, and 015B.
8. His favorite colors are yellow and white.
9. GD has been participating in entertainment industry since he was a boy. GD's first appearance in the industry was at a kids TV program 뽀뽀뽀 (Bbo Bbo Bbo), and when he was 7 he became a member of Little Roora.
10. He joined as a YGE trainee when he was 12 (6th grade), persuaded by Yang Hyun Suk (The President of YGE) to ask and force his mom to sign him in to YGE when he came with his mom for audition.
11. He sang the song of Lil' Bow Wow - That's My Name at the YGE audition.
12. G-Dragon has been trained by YG Entertainment since he was 12 along with another Bigbang member, Taeyang. In their training time, they were known as GD-YB and has collaborated with other YG family members such as Jinusean.
13. Initially, he was planned to make debut as a duo with Taeyang. But the the Appa of YG changed his mind and thought to create a boyband consists of 5-6 members.
14. GD once fell into a fistfight against Taeyang in a basketball game when they were teenagers.
15. Although Bigbang has been publicly considered fashionable, especially for GD, he is the one who has the highest sense of fashion among others. GD himself has shown and stated his huge interest in fashion world.
16. To date, GD has 7 tattoos on his body:
- 1. One on his back is written: "Too Fast to Livem Too Young to Die," which is a quote on one of Vivienne Westwood's T-shirt design.
- 2. On his right arm is written "Vitta Dolce," which means a better life.
- 3. On his left arm is written "Moderato,", means "Moderate,"a term in music.
- 4. On his right arm, behind the "Vita Dolce" tattoo, is a tattoo of a legged heart.
- 5. On his left chest, a tattoo of a dragon ball with eight stars from the Dragon Ball series. It symbolizes GD's name and the eight stars as the highest achievement.
- 6. On his right flank there's a tattoo written "Forever Young".
- 7. And on his left flank is written "Mind Control".
Most of GD's tattoos were made when Bigbang attended Hollywood Bowl and in the birthday party of Danny (Im Tae Bin) of 1TYM in Las Vegas. Those tattoos were made by a tattoo artist, Carey Heart (Pink's ex-husband) at a famous tattoo shop, Hart & Hurington Tattoo Parlor, Palms Casino, Las Vegas. While his two newest tattoos was made before Bigbang promoted their mini album Alive.