Chapter 4 - Wishes

* Author's note: It's a short little upload in Katie's point of view. If it sounds kinda childish, it's supposed to be. Katie's only 4... So yeah. Her pictures on the side there ------------> 

This chapter is dedicated to fantasywriter99 for helping me with my story! Thanks so much!

Anyways, on with the story!

~fr3e2dre4m

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katie’s Point of View

Oh hi there! I’m Katie! My mommy says saying “hi” is really polite. So there you go. Everyone calls me Katie, although when my mommy gets super mad, she calls me Kaitlyn. Some things you should know about me? I don’t have a daddy.

I wish I had a daddy. All the other kids had their daddy come in for daddy day. I didn’t have any daddy, so I didn’t bring no one.

Once I saw picture of my mommy as little girl with a little boy that had really blue eyes like me. Sometimes I wonder who that is. Is he my daddy? At night, my mommy cries a lot. 

Every day, I pray to God to give me my daddy back, so mommy will stop crying at night. I hear her through the door, and when I call to her, she smiles and tells me she ok.

But I know she not. Her brown eyes get really puffy like a marshmallow. She has pretty brown eyes. I love my mommy. She is the best mommy ever.

That’s why I ask for my daddy. I think daddy could make her happy again. I only seen her smiling and laughing once, and that was on TV with this tall guy. He was hugging her, and saying something to her.

She was laughing, and her eyes didn’t look sad like they usually do. Instead, she was hugging him back, and smiling so pretty.

Ms. G says that it’s ok I don’t have a daddy, since she doesn’t have one either. But everyone else does. Everyone.

Sometimes they laugh at me for not having a daddy, but they’re all really nice, so it usually stops. I want a daddy.

I’ve seen Rebecca’s daddy. He’s tall, and he’s got fuzz on his face, and he always tickles her with it. And when she sad, he picks her up and swings her around the room like she an ... an uh fliey thing.

I don’t have that at my house. Mommy works a lot, and she always tired. I wish my daddy would come back. God, will you please send daddy back? I want a daddy, like everyone else.

I do love mommy, but mommy gets tired from working all day earning money for us. Maybe if daddy came back, he could help her, and she wouldn’t be so tired every day.

Once, I wrote a letter to Santa, asking for daddy back. But I think my letter got stolen, because daddy didn’t come for Christmas. He never comes, ever. I wonder if he even knows me.

Mommy doesn’t talk about him. I don’t know why. I wish she would because I want a daddy; I want someone to pick me up and put me on his shoulders so I can see the view.

I want someone to tickle me when I’m sad, or pick up mommy and hug her so she be happy again. Mommy is only happy to me, but she no laugh. Ever. She smiles at everyone, but it fake. I can tell.

Her real smile goes to her eyes, and they turn gold, so it looks like her eyes are sparkly. Her fake smile is only on her mouth, her eyes stay brown. She real smiles at me sometimes.

And I think she real smiled at Aunty Melanie once, but I’ve never seen it. Sometimes, I think she real smiles at me because I can tell. Maybe she doesn’t mean it.

Maybe if I could bring back daddy, she would be happy again. I want mommy to be happy. She makes me happy, so I want to make her happy too. My one wish? To see my mommy laugh with my own eyes in front of me. I want to see her laugh, and I want to see her eyes gold.

I want to see my mommy smiling every day. She been through so much pain already.