Chapter 9: The Blackout

Today, I'm going to pay Hoseok a visit at the hospital.

I didn't ask my mother to drop me at the hospital, because I didn't want her to tell another lie because of me.

I walked inside towards the room which Hoseok was resting in.

I remembered the time when I bumped into him, when everything seemed funny, but now...

Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice that was getting closer. "My friend, Do you fly away, now? To a world that abhors you and I?
All that awaits you is a somber morrow.
No matter where the winds may blow."

"Loveless." I said as he was sitting beside me.

"So, you're familiar with that book," Jimin said, letting a breath out. "I looked everywhere for you, last night. At first, I thought that Seokjin had given you a ride, but then I realized that he'd been with us this whole time."

"Why were you looking for me?"

"Hoseok has been mumbling your name since last night. That's why I was looking for you." He replied, turning his face at me, slowly.

"I know that you hate me." I said, changing the conversation.

"I don't hate you. I just don't get you. Understanding your feelings is a hard thing to do," He said, chuckling. "By the way, how could you and Namjoon get here together?"

I glanced at Hoseok, seeing him asleep, but I couldn't risk telling the truth to Jimin, because he might've been awake, so I remained quiet, because I was really tired of lying.

Hoseok started rubbing his eyes, opening them, slowly, turning his face at us.

I stood up, leaning forward in order to hear what he was trying to say. "W-wat-ter..."

I handed him a glass of water. I helped him to sat up on the bed in order to drink it. After drinking it, I helped him to lie down on the bed as I could feel that Jimin was watching my every move.

"How are you feeling, Hoseok?" I asked, sitting down beside Jimin.

"Fine." Hoseok replied with his eyes closed.

"You've been here since last night. You can go home. I'll stay with him." I said, turning my face at Jimin.

"I won't leave him behind." Jimin said, then he yawned.

"You're not leaving him behind," I said, rolling my eyes. "You're just going home to get some rest."

"Thanks for caring, but I'm staying." Jimin said, stretching his arms.

After a few minutes, I started singing a lullaby, causing Jimin to close his eyes, slowly, snoring with an open mouth.

I did it on purpose!

This was the guy who told me that he'd stay.

I couldn't help myself, so I started laughing.

"Finally, I heard your laughter." Hoseok said as his eyes were still closed.

So, he was awake!

He reached out for my hand, holding it, tightly. "I'm glad that you're here."

"I'm glad that you're alive!" I said, taunting him.

"Don't talk to me that way! I'm not the one to blame, you know?"

So, by saying such words, he means that I'm the one to blame, huh?

"Poor Jimin! He's been awake since last night; because of me." He continued.