Discovery

"Yes, I can ride a horse. It's a bit tricky, but I can do it. However, I woud rather ride an ATV. You said you had them, right?"

"Yeah. While you're getting dressed, I'll be in the barn, making sure that they are gassed up and ready to go. See you in about ten or twenty," Sean waved off his friend and went to get ready for the day ahead.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Katie was cleaning up after breakfast and getting the guys their lunches ready as Duncan walked in. "I'm almost finished. I hope you like roast beef and provolone sandwiches, because that's what I made for you two. You also have some fruit and chips, as well as several bottles of water." She kept her back to him as she talked, but he could still smell her apprehension.

Reaching out, Dncan gently placed his large hands on her small shoulders and quietly said, "You don' have to be afraid of me, Katie-girl. I am the last person who would ever hurt you. I understand that you are nervous around me. I'm nervous around you. It's been a long time since I have been attracted to a member of the opposite sex. It's a little frightening, to say the least." Duncan's hands tightened on her shoulders minutely as he spoke. She knew that he wouldn't lie to her, she just knew it. So she made an effort to make herself relax at least a little bit.

Katie turned in his arms to look at him. While he was indeed handsome, for her, he was also a giant of a man. He topped six foot five easy. She herself was only five foot three. John, her husband had only been six foot. How Sean had turned out to be so tall was a mystery. She noticed that while she was looking him over, he was doing to same to her.

Katie saw a tall handsome man with a slight boyish or youthful look to him, brown eyes, a ready smile with white teeth, a heavily muscled body with long limbs and long elegant fingers. His face was strong-boned with high cheekbones, deepset eyes, thick eyebrows, a strong jaw and the fullest set of lips on a man that she had ever seen before.

What he saw when he looked at her was a woman with a compact body. She could be called petite by some, but her hips and her bust were made to give a man lustful thoughts. Her hair, was long, almost to the middle of her back, was a deep auburn hinting at her Celtic heritage with hazel eyes and winged eyebrows. Her shoulders were a little wider than usual for a woman so small, her waist was tucked in and her hips, her hips were something he wanted to grab as he.....Whoa, whoa, whoa. He can't go there right now. He hadn't even marked her yet, let alone explained to her about being his soul mate.

"I'll just be going out to the barn, Katie-girl. Do you have a way to get in touch with us if you need to?" Duncan asked her, trying his best to keep from bending down and kissing her senseless.

Katie looked up into Duncan's eyes and gasped at what she saw reflected there. There was lust, affection, protectiveness and possessivenes and something else. Something that she couldn't or wouldn't name.

She nodded her head to answer him in an affirmative. "Yes, Sean has a two-way radio and I have the other sitting over there on the kitchen counter." Just then the radio crackled to life. "Hey mom, is Duncan still in the house. If he is, tell him to hurry. We're burning daylight out here."

***********************************************************************************************************************

Sorry that it took me so long to upsate. I hit a dry spell and had to work it out in my head for a while. I keep changing Katie's character because I am not happy with who I pick. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Also, if you read, please leave a comment. Don't be ugly, or be a bully. I will report you. That is simply not worth the effort to care about.