Chapter 16

"I want you to turn me." Karina says to Niall as they lay on he hood of his car staring up as he instructed her to. They wanted to see the planes arrive together because of Ashley, they decided that would be adequate.

Niall furrows his brows in confusion. Then it hits him. "No way" He answers shaking his head. "I am not turning you and besides, the only one who can do that is Louis and he will say no as well."

"Why not?" She frowns sitting up disappointed.

"Because I want you to live a normal life. To grow old and have children of your own. Be free and not have a sire bond with Louis. If you have it you won't be free and that's not how I want you to be." He answers with a sigh.

"I've heard that before." She mutters hugging her knees.

Niall sits up placing his hand on the small of her back. "What do you mean you've heard that before?" She shakes her head, biting her lip and he pulls her face with his thumb and pointer finger for her to face him. "Please tell me. I hate seeing you like this."

She sighs giving up. "When I was little my older brother took care of me because my parents never did. They always said they hated me, that I was worthless and a mistake. They never wanted me." She takes a breath and continues. "They used to hit me until they got tired or I was barely conscious. My brother always helped me in everything when they weren't looking." Tears were streaming down her flushed cheeks at the memory of her brother.

"He always used to tell me that I should be free and have a good life. I don't open up to people so easily. I might look happy and all that shit but it's not true. It haunts me everyday." She sobs between hiccups hugging her knees tighter.

Niall wants to ask about her brother but thinks about it first. "What about your brother?" He asks her softly.

"He passed away. My parents beat him so badly because he was helping me, protecting me. That's when I left the house and found the girls. I met Ashley first and we became friends instantly. Then the others came."

"I'm so sorry about your brother. I shouldn't have asked." Niall quickly apologizes.

"It's okay." The brunette says with a weak smile. He kisses her forehead lovingly and pulls her into an embrace. "Niall, I told you this because I trust you." She whispers.

"I know and I won't tell anyone." He caresses her cheek softly. He flicks his eyes to her lips and starts to lean in slowly.

Karina's phone rings completely ruining the moment. She quickly takes it out and her heart skips a beat.

"Fuck." She says to herself.

"Who is it?" Niall asks concern in his voice.

"Ashley, but I have a bad surprise for her tomorrow."

"Bad surprise?" He inquires raising a brow.

"Yeah, bad surprise and it has a name. Isabelle Winters."

--

"Where the fuck are you young lady?" Ashley says into the phone to Karina as usual, but only the parts are inverted. Normally it's Karina asking Ashley where she'd pass the night, but now it was vice versa.

"Um, I'm with Niall. Ashley, I'm sorry I didn't call."

Ashley can hear the laughter from Harry's chest contained aware that he won. Ashley would be laughing too if it weren't for the fact that Karina's tone of voice was uncommon retrained, like if she was going to say something she shouldn't.

"Are you okay?" The black haired girl asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Karina answers. "Can I call you back later?"

"Sure, but I'm not going to be home so don't wait up." Ashley says and looks at Harry, a smirk on his face that says 'I won'.

"Yeah, I'll call you when I'm going home."

"Sure, bye." Ashley answers and hangs up to prove the point that she, in fact, is pissed.

"Someone doesn't want to go an a date with me." Harry says when he hears Ashley curse under her breath.

"It's not that, Harold," she scowls. "It's just that Karina is hiding something and I know it's something about me."

"You know all of this from a fifty second conversation?" He inquires raising a brow.

"Yes, I do. I know Karina since. . . The point is I know her very well." She cuts herself off before saying more than intended.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to." His voice is steady but there is something off, something weird from the way he said it.

"I'm going. The bet was a date and that's what we will do unless you want to do something else."

"It's kind of early for a romantic dinner so I'm going to take you somewhere" He says and Ashley, who is standing in the hallway that conducts to Karina's room and hers, throws her head back in laughter.

She is always this carefree, Harry says to himself; She must not have anything to hide? Boy is he wrong.

"So, where we going?" She asks.

"It's a surprise"

"I don't care tell me at least what kind of place it is" She demands putting her hands on her hips. Harry starts laughing and she furrows her brows. "And what are you laughing at?"

"Those funny cloud pajamas could go right in with all the fancy décor." He continues laughing and Ashley flicks him off.

"I'm putting some shorts and a random t-shirt." She says, not asking if not informing.

"Sure, but I fancy the pajamas." They both laugh and she leaves Harry in the living room going over the reason why he is going to take a girl for the first time to that.....certain place.

--

"Get out of the fucking way!" Justin yells from his car to another car that is too slow for him to comprehend.

Saying Justin is pissed off is highly underestimating the situation. He just got in his car and drove, to where? He doesn't even know but he wants to feel the air in his hair, feel the cool weather against his skin. The ear plugs seriously gives him the satisfaction of feeling anything a human can feel but pain. Desire, pleasure, hate, cold, hot and love anything but physical pain.

The witch did say when Louis, Harry, Niall, Liam, Zayn and Justin went for help: You will learn to feel again, everything but pain. If you regret the consequences remove the gifted item.'

Before he knows it he parks next to an abandoned building, the day is clouded and Justin does something he's never done or thought about.

"It's just an experiment, just to discover what I'm feeling." He says to himself, grips his ear with both hands at takes them off, both of them. He feels an electricity go through his body and that is the last thing he feels. He feels nothing. He starts to think about the kiss that he gave Ashley and before he could feel a chill down his spine, a weird feeling on the tips of his fingers but now he feels nothing.

He stares at the few trees and sees the leaves move but Justin feels no cold. He opens the cars hood and touches the engine; nothing. That is even worse than feeling the warmth of the engine before he didn't feel pain but did feel the change, now, not even that.

Quickly, he shuts the hood and put his plugs on; he feels everything again. The sensation of something missing isn't there and he sighs in relief. Driving to the nearest bar, he sits down and begins to drink. He wants to forget, not by closing every emotion there was but just to get his mind off of things.

--

A/N:

I'm suck at updates, I know. I have not updated in a while because I have been busy and I have two more stories to update as well. I hope you guys liked the chapter! (:

- Karina (but you can call me Skittles!)