Ashton's Proposal

Me and Ashton have been dating for the past 18 months, and it doesn't seem as long as it sounds. We're sharing a flat at the moment; if I wasn't here it would be cluttered to the top with rubbish.

"Y/N I'm expecting something in the post so don't start searching through it just yet," Ashton calls from the bathroom, turning the shower on. I decide to look through the post anyway, we shouldn't need to hide anything from each other any more.

I find a weirdly shaped parcel with my name on it so I quickly unwrap it before Ashton is finished. An old book was laying in front of me, with the title of my favourite book 'the fault in our stars'. It was obvious it wasn't real so I wedged it open to find a small scroll with red ribbon tied round it. How weird?

I glance at the bathroom door then struggle to open the paper. Which read 'You've been there recently, with someone who is close to you, you might find the next clue too. The first word I'm giving you is will' I am awfully suspicious of who's playing tricks with me but I'm up for a game.

The water shuts off, and I slip on my Parker coat. "Ashton, I'm going out for a bit," I shout and grab the keys off the hook in case he isn't here when I get back.

"Wait do you want me to come with you?" He steps out with a towel hanging low on his waist, he rubs his wet hair with another towel from the rack.

"I'll be fine," I say while staring at his half naked body, I have never got used to him shirtless. Gets me every time. Ashton smirks at my face then I realise I had stared at him for too long.

"Love you!" He calls after me as I slam the door glad to have some fresh air. I walk down the street trying to put my finger on where I went recently. There was the park, but then there was the Chinese restaurant Ashton treated me to dinner at. I stop abruptly outside the place and don't bother thinking about what I'm going to say before I ask the Chinese looking women behind the counter.

"Have you seen a scroll with red ribbon anywhere?" I smack my hands on the counter making her jump. I mouth a sorry and back off a bit.

"No sorry," She turns around and heads to the kitchen. Great.

I pull open the glass door, and see the shop's cat sleeping on a chair beside the window with red ribbon on its collar.

I slowly take the ribbon and attached to the end was a fortune cookie. This better be a clue. A breeze slips through the gap of the door and I zip up my coat to feel warmth.

The fortune cookie breaks in my hands revealing scribble writing on another piece of paper. Reading 'Next clue is where you used to meet, when you wore heels on your feet. The second word is You' Okay. The darkness is spreading now since it's now nearing five. I used to meet people in the local park and one time I wore heels and fell into the lake. That's the next place I need to go. I wonder what Ashton's doing at this time.

Soon, I arrived to the bench where Ash and I first met. Weird as it sounds a pair of black heels were waiting for me with another note. I tuck a strand of my hair behind me ear, I sit on the bench and watch the sun go down a bit. The sun set was beautiful but I am really eager to find out what the next clue is.

I practically rip open the scroll and shove the red ribbon in my pocket with the others. 'This is where you hide out when your scared or afraid, but mostly when you feel alone or enjoy watching the sky turn dark from blue. The next word is marry'

There are loads of places I have hidden in away from situations I couldn't handle, the most prominent one would be my treehouse in the backyard of our flat. Me and Ashton used to fight the first couple months living together so I either slept in there or waited for Ashton to calm down and find me. Even though I was the main cause sometimes.

But, it can't be our treehouse, it's only available to me and Ashton unless these are clues to the person who destroyed it which would be bad. I make that thought disappear for now as I run back to our garden through the back gate.

I'm too excited too explain, hopefully there isn't anyone I don't want to see. One second, I slow down pacing myself. That could have been the package Ashton said not to open and I ripped it open without a second thought. Though we did promise to tell each other about everything even if it's embarrassing.

I enter the backyard to be surprised with fairy lights hanging on the branches and Ashton with big paper saying 'me?' on it. I didn't know what he was talking about until I matched the words on the notes with the sign he was holding. I gave a puzzled face, only messing with him. He looked offended as he put all his hard work into making this.

"Yes," I answer edging closer to Ash.

"What?" He scrunched his nose, like a five year old and drops the paper with no care in the world.

"Yes," I repeat and place a hand on the back of his neck and one on his cheek. He leans down halfway while I go on tiptoes to reach his lips.

Fireworks went off in the background and I pulled away. He took this opportunity to put the shiny diamond ring on my finger.

"Did you plan for the fireworks too?" I ask surprised linking my fingers and ring finger with his right ones.

"I didn't which is weird," He muttered looking at the sky, I was looking at him in adoration.

"Yes very weird," I take his black glasses off and tuck them in his back jean pocket.

Before finishing where we left off.