17

The box feels like it weighs a ton in Louis' hand. It falls to the floor with a small thump and it's the only sound that fills the room.

"Paybacks a bitch" keeps running through his head. Payback for what exactly? Stealing Harry? That didn't make sense to Louis, he couldn't wrap his head around that one. Brad wouldn't take Sam for that.

Payback... For killing Jake? Louis can feel his stomach erupt in discomfort and he thinks he might be sick all over his bare feet. Would Brad avenge one of his guys for one of Louis'? Yes.

But Sam wasn't one of his guys. She was a worker, but she was innocent and clueless to everything. Louis knows though, he knows he killed her. He can feel it in every part of his body and his heart is screaming in pain.

Brad killed Sam. He killed his best friend. He knew it would leave a mark. He knew it would send a message.

Louis reaches over and grabs a lamp sitting on the table next to him. He throws it at the wall, the cord ripping out of the wall and the whole thing shattering.

"Fuck!" Louis screams. He turns and punches the still open door. He doesn't feel the pain in his numb hands so he turns and punches the wall, leaving a hole in his wake.

Liam moves quickly off the chair and reads the note and sees the bracelet. The other boys all follow quietly and look at it too. Louis just punches the wall again, leaving another hole.

"Fuck! I'm going to fucking kill him!" Louis shouts. Harry jumps away at the rage that's in Louis' voice. He's never seen him this angry before. Louis pays no mind to them and grabs the bowl by the front door, throwing that too.

He flips the table and kicks at the door. He's completely consumed by rage and he needs to get it out. He can't stop.

The boys all let him go. Niall watches him with sadness, knowing how close he was to the prostitute. Zayn wants to cry at the sight of his best friend breaking down and Liam, well Liam is also pissed.

"I. Fuck!" Louis shouts and this time when he punches a hole in the wall he can feel the pain. He curses and cradles his hand close to himself, cursing even more.

"Lou." Harry whispers. His voice carries over Louis' harsh words and captures all his attention. He sees Harry watching him with wide scared eyes. He moves forward to comfort the boy, but Harry takes a step back, not sure if Louis is okay. Louis wants to cry at that.

"Harry, I-" Louis can feel tears try to take over, but he fights them away. He doesn't cry. Harry can see the hurt in Louis' face and he feels so guilty. He moves forward as quickly as he can and wraps Louis up. Louis clings to him, the blood on his knuckles getting on Harrys white shirt.

"You're okay, Louis. It's okay," Harry tells him. The boys all watch the two and Zayn feels relief that Harry can comfort him, that Louis has someone.

"How did he know to target Sam though? He obviously had to know she'd affect you the most," Liam says. His words are spoken slowly and with purpose. Louis pulls away from Harry and gives Liam a questioning look.

"What are you trying to say?" Louis asks just as slowly. Liam looks over at Harry and everyone can see the rage in his eyes.

"Someone would have to tell him she meant a lot to you. Someone that knew you two were close," Liam points out. The whole room is rigid and cold. No one knowing what to say.

"You know it was him, Louis. I could fucking kill-" Liam's voice gets louder as he moves forward, but Louis moves in front of him, grabbing Liam's shirt.

"Fucking touch him, Liam and I'll fucking kill you," Louis snarls. Liam shoves him away and fixes his shirt. His eyes are cold and they look back from Louis to Harry, Harry to Louis.