TEN

· 。゚☆: *.
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆ ✰
CHAPTER TEN ━━
of what ifs and might have beens

☽ ˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆ ✰CHAPTER TEN ━━ of what ifs and might have beens

═════ ∘◦ 👻🔦🧸.༄ ◦∘ ═════

HE HADN'T MOVED A MUSCLE SINCE HE SAT DOWN IN the chair across from the bed Milo was laying in, peaceful slumber taking the blonde boy after his breathing had slowed down. Jim's eyes hadn't left the sleeping figure only catching Will looking at the blonde from the corner of his eye occasionally. He nervousely wringed his hands together as his thoughts were racing around a mile a minute.

It felt so surreal to the man sitting motionless in the chair, a lump in his throat and seeing the blonde boy after so long, after so many years believing him to he dead. To visit an empty grave to be remined how the case was never solved.

Never getting any closure.

"Jim?" Joyce whispered softly coming to stand beside the exhausted man, and she placed gentle hand on his shoulder when he remained unresponsive. "Jim honey? You should drink something, he won't disappear if you leave him for a couple minutes." The woman coaxed softly.

"I-I can't. I left him once I won't do it again." Hopper shook his head, a sad look crossing his eyes as he thought back to when the teenager in front of him was still a little four year old running around the house.

Cautiously, Joyce took a hold of Jim's trembling hands and crouched down in front of the man. "Hey, look at me." Slowly and uncertainly Jim's eyes flicker to her, like he expected Milo to vanish in thin air any moment. "Jim talk to me. You've been quiet for the last hour. We're worried about you."

"You know the last thing I ever talked to him for was because of this- this ridiculus argument." Jim finally started, eyes glazing over. "I was so mad about a goddamn cookie and the boy was four for christ sake!" The man took his hands back from Joyce, rubbing his forehead. "I was irritated and angry and I just exploded and took it all out on him" He trailed off eyes averting back to a sleeping Milo.

"You couldn't have known he would disappear Jim, there was no way of knowing." Joyce replied dark eyes flickering to he blonde boy behind her.

"But maybe if I hadn't sent him up his room, he would have come to work with me like he often did. Then he wouldn't have gone outside and he would have been safe!" He rubbed his head angerly, the shouting attracting both Will and Mike who peeked inside the room.

"The last thing he heard me do was yell and he apologised Joyce! He apologised for that stupid cookie and I still remember that look he gave me because I told him I was dissapointed in him. It haunts me everday! And then these people took him, the things they must have done to him, to my boy-." Jim stopped not able to continue talking anymore as he exhaled deeply, gaze averting to the window on his right.