Chapter Nine

The next day had been pretty busy at work, that I didn't really get much of a chance to day dream about last night. The date was just overall amazing, we both had fun and well, we fooled around a little bit. But nothing major happened between us, even if I was itching for something. Gilby was a good guy and as much as he was a flirt, he was kind and caring. I really liked that about him. I also liked that he asked first and told me twice to make sure I knew he wasn't after a relationship. Not many guys were like that, none of which I knew.

Hearing a knock at my door, I quickly grabbed my big shoulder bag full of my pyjamas, a spare change of clothes for tomorrow and just some personal hygiene products. Grabbing the keys on the way over to the door, I turned the door knob and opened the door. Izzy was standing there with a sweet smile. He was wearing some tan dress pants with a white long sleeved button up shirt, which was left unbuttoned at his chest. The look suited him.

"Hey Izzy, you look nice." I compliment.

"Thanks." Izzy looked down upon his appearance. "You look comfortable." He notes, seeing me in a flowing floral dress. It was a strapless maxi dress, it was very comfortable and cool to wear.

"Ready to go?" He asked, tugging keys from his pocket.

"Yeah." I mumbled, turning towards my door and pulling it shut. Using my key, I quickly locked it and walked off by Izzy's side, down the stairs and out to his Impala.

"Are you excited?" I asked Izzy just as we both got into the car.

"Yeah, I'm also a little nervous. I am taking her outta town so that we have no distractions, you know, to boost the love life again." He smiled sweetly.

"Izzy, you are an absolute sweetheart." I reach over and pat his shoulder as we pulled out onto the road.

"I don't get told that very often." He chuckled. "Only person who compliments me is you, Shell." Izzy briefly looked over to me.

"Bullshit! Doesn't Alison compliment you?" I frown.

"Nah, not anymore. I try to compliment her as much as I can, I mean when I mean it. But I don't get anything back. You know what is the closest I get to a compliment from her?" Izzy snapped his head back to me. I think he was about to have a vent, which I didn't mind, that was okay. I was here for Izzy when he needed to talk.

"What?"

"Brush your hair this way, otherwise you'll look homeless. Or put on some cologne, you don't wanna smell like a boys gym locker." He sighed. "That's it."

"Sounds like she is mothering you." I replied.

"Exactly. I'm a grown ass man, I have one fucking mother, I don't need another. She is my wife for fuck sake." Izzy huffed.

"I completely agree with you Izz." I reach forward and caress his hand. "And just so you know and it's one for your flight, you look very handsome tonight."

Izzy went quiet and moments later his turned his head to face me. "Thanks Shell." His hazel eyes appeared teary. I could see the frustration in him, which hurt.

"You know I'm always here if you need to talk, just come around or come to the shop." I offered him a supportive smile. "Please, just whenever you are upset, come talk to me. You are not alone." I squeeze his hand.

"I will Shell." He nodded. "Just wish me luck for this overnighter." He removed his hand from under mine and wiped away his couple of tears that slipped out.

"I'm wishing you all the luck in the world, Izz." I answered. "I'm rooting for you."

Izzy couldn't stop himself from chuckling. "Are you now?"