Chapter Ten

I got to dance and the teacher smirked at me. "What?" I asked putting my bag up. "I want you to work on the dance with your song!" He said. "You mean the song I wrote like last year?" I asked. He nodded. I groaned but said okay and changed into my dancing clothes. "You know how it goes!" He said and started the music.

"Good job guys!" He said. "I haven't danced in a while," I said after changing back. "Well, you did good!" He said. Then, my phone buzzed. I pulled it out and he sent a video me dancing. "Oh wow," I said watching it. "You were awesome!" He smiled. I chuckled and smiled back. Then, the bell rang and I left going to study hall history. "Welcome back Evan," Mr. Fredrick greeted. "Hi," I sighed. "How's Russell?" He asked. I looked away. "He's uh he's dead," I said holding back tears. "Oh Evan I'm sorry!" He said. I nodded and sat in the back. I was glad when I heard the bell ring at the end of class.

I was quick to leave and went to math. I walked in and smiled seeing what I wrote still there. "Yay!" I cheered when I saw Kyle. He looked at the board and laughed. "What's so funny you two?" Ian asked. "Nothing!" We said in unison before sitting down. "You okay?" Kyle asked halfway through the lesson. "Yeah, rough day," I said back. "Boys," we looked up and saw Ian looking at us stern. "Hush," he said. We nodded. He turned away and Kyle and I looked at each other and we held in a laugh.

Soon we finished the notes and classwork so we started our homework. As usual, I was done first with Kyle second and Jay third. We sat at mine and Kyle's table and played a card game. Go fish to be exact. "Do you want to come over after school?" I asked Kyle and Jay. They nodded. "One second," I said and got up. "Hey," I said standing at Ian's desk. "Yes, Charlie?" He asked. "Can Kyle and Jay come home with us? Please!" I asked. He looked up at me He crossed his arms and leaned on the desk and sighed. "I guess so, if their parents are okay with it!" I nodded. "Text your parents, ask if you ride home with us," I told Kye and Jay. They nodded and did as told. "My dad doesn't care," Kyle said. I nodded. "My mom doesn't either," Jay said. I smiled and we continued to play.

The bell rang and everyone ran out of the class. I smiled and went to the board and Kyle, Jay and I played tick-tack toe on the board. "Charlie," Ian groaned. "Oh you love me anyway!" I said. He laughed and shook his head. "You clean the board then," he said. "Awe," I whined. Jay laughed at me and Kyle shook his head. We played three rounds before cleaning the board. "Time to go!" Ian said. We grabbed our bags and followed him out. I got in passenger and they got in back seat. "Thanks for letting us come Mr. Somerhalder," Jay said buckling in. "You can call me Ian out of school," he chuckled.

"You boys ready?" Ian asked. "Yes sir," Jay said. I nodded and Kyle said yes sir as well. Ian started the car and we started the way home. "Can we get ice cream?" I asked. Ian looked at me and rolled his eyes as I gave him the puppy eyes. "I guess so," he sighed. "Yay!" I cheered cause Kyle and Jay to laugh. "Here," he said pulling in and handing me money. "Thanks dad!" I said without thinking and jumping out with Kyle and Jay following. We ordered and waited for the ice cream. "Do you realize what you called Ian?" Kyle asked. "No, what'd I call Ian?" I asked looking at them confused. "You called him dad," Jay said. My eyes widened and I covered my mouth. "Oh no! What if he doesn't want me anymore and tells me to leave or hits me like my real dad did?" I started panicking. "Hey!" Kyle said grabbing my arms.

"He won't get rid of you or hit you like Joseph did!" Jay said. I nodded and Kyle let go of me. Then, our ice cream was ready and I paid and we went back out to the car where Ian was waiting. "You ready?" He asked. I nodded and Jay and Kye got in back again. Then, we started the drove home. We got home and the three of us went to my room. "Nice room!" Jay gasped. "Huh, oh, thanks," I smiled and put my bag in the corner of the room. "Lets play the Xbox!" I said grabbing controllers. I sighed in and creates accounts for Jay and Kyle. Then, we played black ops two, zombies! We on round thirty-five when the door was knocked on. "Come in!" I said. The door opened and Ian poked his head in.

"Are you boys staying for dinner?" Ian asked. "They are," I answered. "Okay," he said with a chuckled before leaving again. Jay and Kye texted their parents telling them they were staying for dinner and we continued the game.

"Jay! Revive me!" Kyle said. "I'm trying! I'm being cornered!" Jay said. "I'm coming!" I said and ran to Kyle and revived him. "I'm down!" Jay said. "Me too! It's up to you Charlie!" Kyle said. I started shooting. I got to Jay and started reviving him. "Behind You!" Jay said but it was too late the zombie got me and I went down. "Not bad, sixty-five rounds," Kyle breathed. I laughed and we turned the game off and went downstairs. "Hey, you hungry yet?" Ian asked. "Yes!" I said. "We're dying!" Kyle said over dramatically cause us to laugh. Ian laughed and handed each if us a plate. "Spaghetti is served!" Ian said and I rushed to the food and Kyle bumped into my side. "Hurry lover boy!" He said. "No thanks I'm good!" I said going slower. "Ugh!" Kyle said and hit my butt with the plate causing me to laugh. I finished and moved. He got his then Jay got his.

We sat and ate. After we played Xbox more than, Jay's parents came and got him. "Um, can I stay the night?" Kyle asked after Jay left. "Are they?" I asked. He nodded. "Josh said he came home drunk and hit mom again and she doesn't want me coming home when he's like this," Kyle explained. "Yeah I'll go asked Ian," I said and ran out the door. "Ian!" I said running into his room. "Charlie!" He said looking at me. "Can Kyle stay the night?" I asked. "Charlie, it's a school night," he said put his hands behind his head and rested against the head board. "Please, his dad came home drunk and hit his mom. She doesn't want him home when he's like that," I said quietly. "Him too?" I nodded. "Yes, he can stay the night," Ian said nodding his head. "Thanks!" I said before leaving and telling Kyle. He thanked me and we got ready for bed. He sleep in my bed normally while my head was at his feet and my feet where in his face and we went to sleep.