2. Bad Idea

I woke up in a white room, by the time my eyes adjusted I realized I was in a hospital room.

The memories came flooding back causing me to look at my hand.

It was wrapped in a large bandage with IV flowing into my upper arm. I had a heart monitor on and another IV connected to my other hand.

I looked around the room then a nurse walked in.

"Glad to see you're awake," she smiled.

"Thanks. Um...what happened exactly?"

"Well, we got a call that there was a young girl who's hand had been caught in a locker and she seemed unresponsive. We were told there was a lot of blood and you couldn't move so an ambulance was rushed to the high school. A young man ran outside as we pulled up, he was carrying you. You were rushed back here where we immediately treated your hand. That young boy stayed by your side as much as he could, you two are adorable together. He's definitely a keeper." The nurse said as she checked my vitals and IV.

"What boy?" I asked.

"Your boyfriend? Well I'm guessing boyfriend by the way he wouldn't let you out of his sight."

"I don't have a boyfriend..."

"Oh...well, he's your hero then. But he saved your life. If you were there any longer, you may have died."

"Well, then, um, where is this hero of mine?"

"Oh, he had to leave about 30 minutes ago...he's been by your side the whole time."

"How long have I been here?"

"About four days now," the nurse quickly changed the IV bags and checked my bandage.

"So, um...how's my hand?"

"Well...it's definitely broken, well your knuckles are crushed. It'll take at least a month for them to heal completely but you'll be able to use them and move your fingers within a couple of days. Knuckles tend to heal faster than any other bone." (that's a fake fact...maybe...idk but I'm not searching it)

"That doesn't seem so bad, when can I leave?"

"You should be set to go after the doctor takes one last look at you and your vital signs."

"Okay, thank you."

"Anytime sweetie," the nurse shot me a caring smile before moving her elderly body towards the door.

~TIME SKIP~
"Hello Cyryn, I'm Doctor Mulkey, I'll be checking your hand today before you head out."

The doctor pulled a chair towards my bed and sat down. She gently removed the bandage and examined my hand.

I decided to take a quick look at it...

Let me tell you, that was the biggest mistake ever. It was an disgusting black and blue tint, even a blind man could tell it was broken. You could easily make out the veins running through and over the dark bruises. My knuckles were sore and tender.

The doctor checked each and every one of my fingers to make sure they were receiving blood. When she was done she carefully wrapped my hand in a hard cast. You could tell she truly cared for my well-being due to how careful and gentle she was.

She pulled a packet out of a drawer and read over some rules for the cast. She handed me the paper and asked if I had any questions. After that she told me that there were some clothes on the bathroom counter for me and that i was free to go.

I thanked her and went to change.

~TIME SKIP TO THE NEXT DAY, Friday~

I cautiously walked down the hall getting looks from many people. Since my locker was ripped off its hinges in order to save my life, I had been given a new one, so I quickly hunted it down. 

And, there it is.

I looked around before opening it and stuffing my stuff into the locker, being sure not to leave my hand in one spot for too long.

Suddenly a figure appeared beside me, I looked over expecting to see Shannon and her minions but it was just some boy.

"Hi," he smiled.

"Hello," I said, I'm not really the social type.

"How's your hand?"

"Broken but I think I'll live."

"Good thing I saw you when I did."

"So you're my 'hero'?"

"Yep," he smiled proudly.

"Well, I don't know why you're smiling, saving me isn't something someone would be proud of around here. Saving me was a bad idea and talking to me is an even worse idea," I told him hoping he'd leave.

"Well, I must have plenty of bad ideas."

"This isn't even a bad idea anymore. This is the very definition of a death wish."

"Well, then I accept my death sentence. What's your name?"

"First name is leave me alone and last name is go away."

"Well, Leave Me Alone Go Away, your name sounds exotic. I like it."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, seriously, I'm-"

"I don't care! Leave me alone!" And with that I walked away leaving a clueless boy behind me.

Some guys really don't know how to take a hint. I didn't want to be mean but seriously people push my buttons sometimes.

Written: Nov. 22, 2018
Edited: May 7, 2021