Chapter 5

Chapter;; 5

Felix looked annoyed, but didn't say anything. "Whatever. You need to try punching a lot stronger, or do you want to lose?" Felix asked the boy which shook his head, but then shrugged. "Okay, you know what. Fuck this. Here," Felix said, grabbing his gun and pointing it at Changbin.

The new boy looked confused and shook, staring at Felix and then at the gun. Changbin didn't dare to say anything, he was just staring. "Listen, Changbin. This isn't a funny game that you play and then just stop when you don't want to play anymore. Don't you understand? We're not trying to hurt you, we're helping you. But you know, if you don't cooperate, the only option left is to kill you. So, choose," Felix said, putting his gun down. Changbin nodded. "N-No I-I want to l-live," he answered and Felix just nodded. After they trained for a little bit, they both sat down, Felix handing the boy a bottle of cold water. "F-Felix, c-can I ask you s-something?" the other boy asked and Felix nodded, looking at the new dude in front of him, who was playing with his hoodie strings. 

"Y-You said those things about this not being a game and not being able to quit when you want to. Did you ever think about quitting?" Changbin asked. He was so curious. "Of course I did. All of us thought about quitting a lot of times. But in the beginning it wasn't that easy. You know, it wasn't always like that. It wasn't always us 8 together, you know? There was a time when I wasn't a gang leader, I was a member of a gang. One that doesn't exist anymore. And if you're part of gang like I was - there's no way out. You don't choose who you belong to. You either belong to a gang, or you don't. You don't make the decision, it gets made for you. And although I know I made the decision for you, this is nothing like the gang I was in before. Because we're all actual friends. We care for each other. That's what makes us different. Other gangs aren't like that. Everyone does their own shit. No one cares. If you die, you die. No one would give their life for yours," Felix told the boy. If he was going to be one of them, he'd have to know a lot more and Felix thought that instead of making him to the physical training again, he'd just tell him things he needs to know for now. Physical training could wait, at least a little bit.

Changbin thought about what Felix said for a little while, before looking at
him. "Would you give your life for one of your members?" he asked. Felix laughed a cold laugh. "I'd give my life for all of them in a heartbeat. But it's nothing good nor useful. In this kind of...business, it's better to not get attached to anyone. Because it doesn't work like that here. It never does. You see, you get attached to people, you start liking, start loving them. They become your family, your everything. And then you loose them," Felix said, stating at the ceiling of the house. Changbin was so confused and surprised that Felix even told him that much. He expected him to close down on him as soon aa he started asking those questions. He was never expecting an answer from Felix. "Did you ever lose someone like that?" Changbin asked and he knew he'd regret asking it and he immediately did, after Felix' eyes changed. They became cold again and Changbin new he would shut down now. "That's none of your business. Get up, you need more training," was Felix answer and the other boy knew that he now had a weak point in Felix.

They trained a bit more, Changbin slowly understanding what Felix was trying to teach him. "F-Felix? D-Do you think I-I'll survive?" the boy asked. Felix stayed quiet for a while, before looking at Changbin with that cold look in his eyes. "Don't ask if you won't be able to handle the truth, Changbin. Don't ask questions when you don't really wanna know the truth," the boy said, turning around and leaving the room. As soon as Felix left, Jisung entered. Changbin liked Jisung, he was nice to him. Nicer than the rest of them, at least.

"Hey, Changbin," the boy, sitting down on the floor. They talked a little bit, before Changbin asked Jisung something. "D-Do I have to take everything that Felix says s-serious?" Changbin did expect Jisung to say 'no'. "Yes, if you don't have the wish to die, you should definitely," Jisung said instead, giving him a serious look. The other boy nodded. "But don't get too worked up over him, his feelings or his past. Nobody knows a thing about him, except for Chan and he's not telling anyone. So don't worry - he'll get used to having you around and once he does that, he'll become nicer. He'll protect you as much as he protects us, Changbin. Felix just needs his time, okay?"

And Changbin understood.

And Changbin wanted Felix to like him and to protect him.

- Marie