Chapter 31

Normani Kordei Hamilton

I handed Beyoncé my phone, letting her listen to the audio recording that I took of Sydney. Now, I wanted her gone for good. I needed her gone for good. She's stressing me out.

Beyoncé's face scrunched into a contorted state before she typed on my phone then handed my phone back to me.

She stood up and I did the same, watching, waiting for a reaction. Beyonce is a hard shell to crack and even when you'd cracked her, she still doesn't even tell me anything.

I reached out to grab her arm but she snactched it away, shakinng her head.

"Stop Mani."

"What? Tell me something."

"Something."

"I'm not playing Beyonce, tell me what's going on in your head. I keep telling you that I can't read you." I stood up as well, knowing that she was going for the door.

"I had already asked her if she wanted Chas in the first place and she told me what she did. Now that I know she only wanted him so she could get money from me, it only makes me think of the worst shit. Like there's no telling what she'll do to him knowing she doesn't even want him." She sat back down, holding her head in her hands.

"He's not my son so I do-"

"He might as well be." She sat back up and crossed her arms.

"True but still. She has no relevance here at this point and I've wanted her gone since the beginning."

"So what the hell are we supposed to do? I'm asking you since you're the one that wanted her gone in the first place."

"And you didn't?" I raised my eyebrow.

"That's not what I said."

"Don't start that shit again."

"You don't start that shit again. All I'm doing is asking you what we should do 'cause I obviously do not know. Be on my side here."

"I am on your side. Since she doesn't want him, you should get full custody. If you don't do it now, she's going to try to get me out of the way since I am your level. She's going to try something, I already know that."

"But she hasn't done anything so the court isn't going to take us seriously."

"So we have to wait for her to either hurt him or put him in a fucked up position for them to take us seriously?"

"Unfortunately, yes we do." She sighed.

"That's so fucked up. Why are the systems like that?"

"I don't know but I'm not going to let anything happen to my son, I promise that."

"I know you won't."

"Now about you, I know I haven't been around too much so how's my Princess?"

"If we have a boy, what you gonna do?"

"Get you pregnant again." She shrugged and I cocked my head to the side.

"No you're not. Two is enough for me."

She pulled me down on her lap and kissed my cheeks. "Please?"

"No Beyonce. If this one is a boy, then you just got a football team of boys."

"Noo, I don't want that. If I do have a football team, I want my baby girl to be the captain." Her smile was the most adorable thing I'd encountered today or any day. The woman is everything I could ever ask for in some distorted type of way.