Chapter 4

Sonic, Blaze and Silver belong to SEGA.

Jake and Sophie belong to me.

-----------------------------------------

This chapter is dedicated to nadiamirah for giving me the inspiration to write this fanfic. The inspiration came from her own fanfic.

-----------------------------------

Normal P.O.V

The bell rang and Sophie and Jake both went off to their classes. Sophie headed to english. Jake also went to english. I guess you know what class they're in.

Jake's P.O.V

I was heading to english and saw Sophie. She had adorable ears. They're so dainty. I went next to her and tried to think of something to say. She noticed me and I couldn't get my words out. So I just continued to english.

Sophie's P.O.V

I was headed to english when I saw Jake walk next to me. I stole a peak at his hair. It was short and brown, but it was pretty. I was focusing on him too much. I have to keep my head clear and on my studies. I arrived at my english class and so did he. Damn, I thought. Now I'll won't be able to think without him getting tangled in my thoughts. As I reached the door we both stopped about a metre away. We looked at each other. "You go first." I said. "No you go first." He had a certain harshness to his voice but it was drowned out by my thoughts. I still heard it none the less. "No I insist." I said. "Ladies first." Another person walked past us and into the classroom. Jake started to walk away so I decided to walk in and take my seat. When I sat down I saw him come into the class and sit behind me. I blushed a bit. This was going to be a long lesson.

Jake's P.O.V

I sat behind her and unpacked my books. Sonic came into the class and stood next to me. "Jakey boy, what are you trying to do? Scare her? Don't sit behind her. You should just talk to her at recess and lunch." He was being serious. I could tell from the tone in his voice. I got up and Sonic followed me to the back of the room. "How am I supposed to ask her out if you keep giving me advice like that." I looked at him. "I'll do it my way Sonic."

Sophie's P.O.V

I saw Sonic come in and talk to Jake then they moved to the back. When they got there I could here them whispering quietly. A few more people came in and filled up the desks. I saw a silver hedgehog come in and sit one desk from me. The desk next to me was filled by a purple cat. She had a jewel on her forehead. Like I did in homegroup, I stared at he board. I could feel her eyes looking me over. 'I'm Blaze and this is Silver." She started. That's not a very creative name, I thought, looking at Silver. He was different to the other hedgehogs. His quills were facing upwards not back. "What's your name?" She continued. I opened my mouth to say but the teacher interrupted me. "Alright class. In these coming weeks, we will be studying Shakespeare and his poems." A groan came from the class, except me. I didn't mind studying Shakespeare.

Jake's P.O.V

Shakespeare. That's new. Last year we did writing and grammar. I was actually looking forward to this. Unlike the rest of my classes.

-------------------------------

Sophie's P.O.V

The lesson had dragged on as I ruminated on when we first came to this class. He seemed polite but there was something else there. Could it be love? No, that's impossible. What could he possibly see in me. I cut off my thoughts and raised my hand. "Yes?" The teacher said. "May I go to the toilet please?" I asked. The teacher thought for a moment before digging into the drawer to pull out a hall pass. "Here's the hall pass. Don't be long." I grabbed the hall pass and hurried out the room, down the hall and to the toilet.

Jake's P.O.V

I was nearly asleep because the lesson had gone nowhere fast. I saw Sophie raise her hand and ask to go to the toilet. This was my chance. There were two hall passes, one for girls and one for boys. I put up my hand. "Miss, may I go to the toilet. I really need to go." SHe sighed and gave me the pass. As I left my desk I heard Sonic whisper to me. "Your the man Jake." I took the hall pass and went to find Sophie. I thought I heard the teacher muttering smoething about The morning and damn kids. But my mind was on other things, Sophie. I went as fast as I could to find her, only to see her dissapear into the toilet. "Sophie." I cried after her. I saw her come back out and look at me, blushing. "Hey Sophie, you got a second?" I asked her. "Just let me go to the toilet, I relly need to go." She replied. This was my chance, my chance to get to know her better. And even better, I was doing it during a lesson.