Preparation

"Ow!" I scream as they rip more hair from my eyebrows.

  "Be glad your not a girl, the girls have to have their legs and arms done as well." One of the members of my prep team says. I couldn't imagine being stripped of hair from head to toe. They only do my head hair and eyebrows and thats enough for me.

  My prep team hoses me down for the 3rd time and declares I'm ready to meet Portia, my stylist. They seat me down and leave the room without a word. After 30 seconds of staring blankly at a wall a girl with olive coloured skin and faded yellow looking hair walks in and stares at me.

  "I guess family ties only go so far?" She says kicking her hip, sideways making her red and white skirt sway.

  "Huh?" I say sounding really stupid.

  "I know you have a brother who didn't volunteer for you. Don't underestimate what I know about you." She says smirking at me. "I'm Portia, and I will be your stylist for the games and possibly the victory tour." She continues sticking her hand out.

  "Alright." I say shaking her hand. "But I don't think there's going to be a victory tour with me in it."

  "What makes you say that?"

  "My parents, my brothers, my competitors, the Capital... I can keep going if you want." She laughs at my comment and then gets serious again.

  "Don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do when it comes to these games. You can do anything if you believe. If you want to win the Hunger Games you can. Want to earn ten thousand sponsors go for it. Don't tell anyone I said this but if you want to fool the Capital, I wouldn't recommend it but you can do it." Portia whispers the last part so only I can hear it.

  "Thanks, um I thought you were my stylist."

  "I like to think of myself as a stylist/pep talker. That reminds me I have to talk to Cinna about which outfits you and Katniss will be wearing. Do you mind if I make a quick call?" She asks batting her eyelashes at me.

  "No, go ahead"

   Portia exits the room leaving me alone with a pile of magazines and a window that I didn't see appear. I walk over to the wall length pane of glass and can't help but stare at the crowd of people below. They all wear large peices of jewlery and curly wigs. Some carry hand bags while others lug dogs around in diamond covered purses.

  Without warning Portia flings the door open making me jump.

  "Holy Portia slow down, you don't send me into the arena just yet." I say trying to slow my heartbeat.

  "Peeta, Cinna and I have come to a decision. How do you feel about flames?"