four.

real life.

CARMEN FOUND CHRIS being so invested in the baby, despite just finding out about the baby two weeks ago

CARMEN FOUND CHRIS being so invested in the baby, despite just finding out about the baby two weeks ago. Carmen found herself loving it, loving the fact that this baby wouldn't grow up without its father.

Chris found himself being completely obsessed with the idea of his fiancée pregnant with his baby. Completely marveled at the fact that he was now a father, something he'd wanted for most of his adult life. And now that he was partially moved in with Carmen, he was helping around as often as he could so that she could rest. He helped make breakfast in the morning, helped with the cleaning and with him partially moved in, it gave him more time to bond with Bee.

None of them complained, however. This was life now, and all of them were happy.

Chris and Carmen sat at the kitchen table as they planned their wedding and Bridget sat on the other side doing her homework. It was all peaceful as Anna sat in her bedroom with the door open while she played sweet melodies on her guitar.

"New England is gorgeous during the fall, we could do that." Chris suggested, looking down at Carmen as she flipped through magazines with wedding dresses.

She looked up at him and smiled, "Why don't we do Boston? It's home for you and on the east coast. Two birds, one stone."

His lips curled into a smile and he ducked down to place a kiss on her cheek. "Sounds lovely to me. How are your friends going to attend though?"

"I'm only inviting one person from here, besides Anna. Um, Bea, you've never met her, but we're sorta close." Carmen shrugged, "I can pay for her plane ticket."

Chris nodded, "I see. I know you're not really close with your mother, but have you thought about inviting her?"

Bridget looked up, hearing her grandmother mentioned, the one she's never met. She furrowed her eyebrows at her mother in confusion.

"I'm not actually sure," Carmen sighed. Her hand slipped across her stomach and her attention faltered slightly. "She kicked me out for having a baby out of wedlock and here I am again, out of wedlock."

"Why was that so important?" Chris asked softly, "If you don't mind."

Carmen smiled uneasily. "My grandmother was an immigrant and very traditional, she instilled that into my mother. They were catholic. No sex until marriage and certainly no babies until after marriage. I broke both of those rules and mother refused to have me in the same house, especially after I refused to get of the baby." She explained, shrugging.

"Wait a second," Bridget spoke up, gaining the attention of her mother and dad. "She wanted you to get rid of me? Before I was even born?"

Carmen sighed, but nodded and reached forward for her daughter's hand. "Unfortunately, yes. But I couldn't do it. I was so in love with you the moment I found out I was pregnant." She smiled, "I moved in with your grandfather and he helped me because I was determined to make a better life for you, mija. Now look at you. You're a gorgeous young woman and working hard towards your goals, going to school to become a lawyer. I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks, mom." Bridget whispered, grinning as she went back to her homework.

Chris' smile didn't falter through the entire altercation that Carmen had with Bridget. His heart had simply melted as his fiancée spoke.

"I'm so in love with you," he murmured, gently kissing her temple as his right hand slid over her stomach. "And I'm so in love with this baby of ours."

Carmen giggled as she laced their fingers before resting them on her belly again. "I know, honey. You are going to be a fantastic father, you already are."

•  •  •  •

oh wow, such a deep and fluffy chapter and I'm so in love? Honestly, I love getting the chance to dive into Carmen's past and adding elaborate details because wow. She's my baby and honestly I hate all this drama that's coming bc they deserve to be happy.

oops? Enjoy!