| jughead • a reason to celebrate |

* Nikhad POV *

"I me a he's like a second dad to me , he means a lot to me" Jughead explains while I listen to him rant about Pop.

It was his birthday after all and Jughead wanted to do something for him.

I smile sitting next to him grabbing his hand without really knowing. "How about this. How about we throw him a small party at Pop's. " I suggest knowing how much he meant to Jughead.

Jughead's eyes light up instantly getting up. "I hate parties but this is a perfect wat to show him how much he means to us. Its perfect Nikhad!"

I smile happy that Jughead agreed with my suggestion. "How are we going to get into pop's before he does though?"

"Leave that to me , you go get the others so we can plan this party" I ordered laughing when Jughead salutes me.

"This is going to be epic" Jughead cheers before leaving to get the others.

I take out my phone to call Betty.

"Hey Betty I need your help" I say into the phone once she answers.

"What's up" She questions , I explain the whole plan which sees and tells me to meet her up with the others at pop's at 5:30am so we can get the place ready.

••••
"Hey Nikhad!"

I turn to face my best friend Betty with a giggle. "Hey Betty thank you so much for helping"

Betty scoffs hugging me. "You know Pops means a lot to all of us. "

She takes out the let to pops "How'd you get the keys?"

Betty smirks as the door opens. "They don't call me Nacy Drew for nothing"

I roll my eyes sarcastically responding. "Oh really I didn't know that"

Once inside Betty pulls me into the kitchen "So you and Jughead" She teases lightly.

"Betty" I scold her lightly hushing her. Betty was the only person who knew I had a big crush on Jughead.

Before she could respond the door to the entrance opens and Jughead enters along with Veronica , Kevin and Archie.

"Hey guys"  We all hug each other before sighing. "Let's get to work."

Everyone went in there own ways decorating the place or cooking breakfast.

I struggled placing a balloon on the top of the wall since it was high for me making me frustrated.

A warm body comes from behind me , a hand takes the balloon from my grip and places it on the wall.

"There you go shortie" Jughead's voice teases.

I turn around unaware of how close Jughead was to me. I gasp bumping into him as he quickly wraps his arm around me to stop me from falling.

I blush deeply as he chuckles. He slowly pulls away as we hear a cough . We turn to see Archie smirking at us before retuning to his work.

"Um thank you"

Jughead nods before walking into the kitchen.

I turn to see Betty winking at me making me groan. Man its going to be a long teasing morning.

••••

"Guys get ready pops is here" We hear Kevin whisper yell as we all got to our positions.

Lots of people from Riverdale high , parents , and friends of pops got here just in time to join us.

We all hide behind something. I spot a place beside Jughead and I debated if I should go beside him.

Realizing that I didnt have time I quickly moved beside Jughead who smiled at me moving so I could crouch next to him.

Accidentally I place my hand on top of him which he takes as a hint of nervousness so he softly squeezes my hand making my stomach turn .

"Surprise ! Happy birthday!" Everyone yells as pops jumps before laughing.

"Thank you guys" One by one we all congrat him , leaving me and Jughead the last ones to talk to him.

"Jughead , Nikhad thank you guys so much! I know it was you two who planned this . I'm so thankful"

I smile hugging him. "I'm glad you liked it , I'm honored to be able to be here with you on your birthday."

We talked for a while before pops turns to jughead.
"Jughead may I talk to you?"

* Jughead POV *

Walking to a corner with pops I asked what's wrong. "Jughead stop wasting time and ask her out already"

"Pops I don't know if she li-"

"Jughead can't you see that she's clearly in love with you?" Pops cuts in .

I sigh "I just don't want to mess things up with us"

"Jughead the best gift you can give me today is you asking her out and being happy."

•••••

Nikhad POV

I watched pops and Jughead talking in the corner making me sigh. I wish Jughead loved me like i loved him.

I begin walking towards my group when I feel a hand wrap around my wrist turning me around.

" Nikhad I need to tell you something" Jughead breaths out.

He clears his throat as Pops cuts then music looking at us , everyone's attention was focused on us as I gulped.

"Nikhad , ever since middle school I noticed you becoming a beautiful lady. Eveytime you smiled or laugh it would make me smile. " He stops smiling as tears filled my eyes.

"You're the most kindest person I've ever met in my life , always putting others before you self."

"Nikhad I'm in love with you , which is why I'm asking you this. Will you be my girlfriend?"

I gasp before quickly nodding my head. "Yes yes!"

Everyone around us clap as I'm taken into a kiss . Everything slowly get back into place as we part.

"Everyone gets a treat from me ! Its on the house" Pops declares as everyone cheers. I smile in Jughead arms watching everyone happily getting their treat.

Jughead kisses my cheek holding me against his chest. I breath his scent in as I finally realize that Jughead was now my boyfriend. The boy I love , was mine.

I guess I did get the boy after all.

•••••••••
Hope you liked the imagine love ! I tired my best but lately i havent been inspired :/ wl