Ch.38

The words rattled in my head around like marbles in a tin band aid box . Why would Kelsi want to break up with me , she all over me literally a second ago. None of us say anything , she doesn't even look at me and i'd give anything to see what's going on in her head . "What why?" I ask again . I'm not leaving this conversation like this , there are two people in a relationship . Not one and I really hope it isn't out of selfishness that she decided to say this to me .

"Why don't you ask Mali-koa?" And just like that , it all makes sense .

My hearts been ripped out of my chest , everything I've been carefully trying to hide from her is wasted because now she knows . "Kelsi I can expl-"

The elevator doors ring and the person I want to see least in the world says in a husky voice "Oh no I'm interrupting something . Hi I'm Mali-koa." Kelsi looks at Mali's extended hand and doesn't shake it . Mali looks confused , as if she really doesn't know what she just stepped into . "I hate you ." Kelsi quickly scrambled for her bag and closed the elevator doors . "What the hell was that about."

I can't speak , can't even process what just happened . Kelsi just broke up with me . Officially . And she just said she hated me . I half expected her to fight Mali but then again I guess I don't know Kelsi that well . I sideways look at Mali . If she hadn't showed up at this moment I probably would've been able to say something - anything ! - to get Kelsi to hear me out . I swear it i'd tell her the truth and nothing but the fucking truth . I'll get her to care about what I have to say and she won't look at me like a bug that needed to be crushed . Well the way I'm guessing I crushed her heart.

I go back to the room and say nothing , no one noticed anything . Or asks me what's wrong . Hiding my emotions - definitely a plus.

Kelsi's POV

and just like that my heart is torn into tiny minuscule pieces . It doesn't exist anymore . One less problem I have to deal with .

I can't believe I actually convinced myself Michael would never hurt or cheat on me . I was such a naive idiot . Mali probably isn't the first he's cheated with . Maybe every time he had to "hop into the shower." he was trying to not wake up the slut that was most likely sound asleep next to him . I can't put a name for what I'm feeling . It's a mixture of hate , jealousy , Insecurity , revenge . I don't cry though , I refuse to let myself shed one more tear for this asshole .

I gave him almost everything and this is how I get repaid . Getting cheated on over and over .