February 11th- A Dangerous Eden (Children of Eden- Joey Graceffa)

This is based in the same world as Children of Eden by Joey Graceffa, and has some new characters, and it's their second child story. (Nothing should spoil anything in the book)

Have you ever thought about the government capturing you?
A place that you call your home is actually never safe?
Meet Raven.

I have always been hidden away. Protected from strange noises outside the house, and knocks at the door making me run up the attic stairs, before climbing into my safe box.

My sister lives a perfectly normal life, she walks around freely, and unafraid. I have anxiety attacks often because of worrying that people would find me.

We sleep in the same bed, me and my sister share everything. My mum has always said about me leaving to go to somewhere safe...but no where is safe for me.

But, the problem is the Greenshirts.
Ever since I was little my mum would curse under her breath "Bikk" before getting my sister to help me into the attic.

We have always been 'suspicious'. First of all, our dad has gone. He went exploring in the desert and, well, we haven't seen him since.
Then, our mum was reported to the government for being a second child.
Our mum isn't a second child, but it risks them finding out about me.

I'm not going to lie. I'm jealous. Of my sister, Lilac.
Her hair waves perfectly without frizz, and mine is a mess.
Then, her achievements- which I am proud of her for getting them- but I can't do them or anything that I love, in case of an inspection.

I love being unique, though. My eyes are like bright kaleidoscopes and everyone's lenses are dull and flat and lifeless. My skin is a pale whiteish colour, because I don't go outside much. Everyone else's is a tanned light brown. And finally, I have light freckles over my nose and under my eyes. I love this the most, because Dad has the same, and I believe that he is still out there, even if I haven't heard from him in 10 years. He left when I was 4. I'm now 14. Lilac is 16, and she's determined she's "mature" now.

Our family originally came from Europe, England to be exact, and in old England you were mature at 16 years old. But that was a long time ago, in the 2000s. Anyway, mum tells her off, because its the governments decision, but there hasn't been a final answer yet, so...

Something dodgy is going on though in the government. Apparently, some people are falsely turning in others and then getting criminal records. Now people are going on strikes and parading around the houses.

I don't know what to do anymore though.

I can't be stuck here my whole life.

I want freedom.

Then, at this moment of thinking this, my mum walked through with a smile on her face, and asked me a few questions, like what I want her to buy me and if I was feeling okay.

Another problem that comes with my anxiety is this weird dizziness and shaking, but I'm partly used to that now.

My mum then said:
"Do you want to go on a small trip?"
She passed me a pair of sunglasses, and I slipped them on, then I said goodbye to Lilac. Mum said that I might not return for a while, so we hugged.

After a short time of walking in the dark, we got to the outer circle.

We shouldn't be here. It's dangerous.

Then, I start to hear voices, and I get scared because I think my anxiety is coming again, but those are real human voices, who quickly pull me and my mum inside somewhere, but it's too dark to see.

I hear quiet murmuring from my mum to the human voices. Then, some warm hands gently grabbed my arms and pulled me through
something long, but it smelt unlike anything I'd seen before.

"Welcome to your new home, Raven!" My mum said, uncovering my eyes with her hands.

And there it was.

A tree. A real life tree, not plastic. Real. Surrounded by soft green grass and vines hanging on the rocks around us.

And I would live here. Forever, if I wanted.

It was perfect.

I missed my mum and Lilac, but they often visited secretly or sent a letter or video.

And this is where I'm writing now. This will save the memories, and tell you my story. So, welcome, fellow second child, to Eden. The real Eden, not the Dangerous Eden.

Raven.

Written by Em
Follow us to see what books we suggest/are writing on our own accounts!
Nay- noodlerally
Em- Emisveryrandom

(None of this is proof read, so if there's anything spelt wrong or something, tell me!)