Chapter 8: The Truth

I felt shifting beside me. I heard noises and movement, so I opened one eye carefully just in case it was someone I didn't recognize. "Did I wake you up?" Aiden's voice spoke as I opened my eyes completely. "It's already morning?" I ask, as I gazed outside the tent. "Yeah, you can stay here if you want though. The others are. And I don't want you to get hurt." He says putting on his armor and taking his sword in his hand. "Are you sure you won't need me?"I ask. "Well, not like that. I just don't want you to get hurt. And if we stay in there too long for comfort. We could always count on you to help us." He explains. "We gotta go..." He says kissing my forehead. "Okay... Be safe!" I say waving at them as Aiden turns around and waves at me.

•••
It's been too long. They left hours ago and they still haven't come back. "I'm going after them." I told the others, that stayed behind as they nodded and gabe me worried looks. "Don't worry, I'll get them back." I say. I enter our tent and find armor that fits my size. "Here. You'll need it." One of the farmers of the village, Arakin, gave me as I nodded at him, thanking him.

"Stay safe!" They bid farewell as I ran through the forest straight to that Godforsaken Manor I grew up on. "This is war..."

•••
Aiden's POV:
We got inside the Manor quietly. We searched high and low for guards but none of them seemed to hear us barge in. "There, that window's open." Rin whispered as we all look up to see one of the windows open. "Good eye Rin."

We climb up the walls and into the window. The hallway was dark and quiet... "Too quiet." Then suddenly, the light turned on and the hallway was illuminated. "Aiden. My boy!" That voice, it was something I wished I never heard so soon. "You..." He was looking at us at the end of the hallway, "Oh c'mon... You can't be like that towards your Father." "Shut up!" Everyone else stared at me confused. I had enough. I launched at him without thinking. I striked at him left and right. Up and down. We fought for a few good hours. I don't know how I fought him that long. Then, guards suddenly came towards all of us. There were too many. They were too strong. We couldn't fight them all off. We got captured.

They took us to the dungeon I knew too well. "Remember this cage? It's where you and your little girlfriend locked me up.. Isn't it?" I grunted. We were tied up in chains as I glared daggers at him. "Sir!" One of the guards saluted. "So you found her? What luck?" My eyes widen. "Don't you dare hurt her!" I barked at them. I can't let them hurt Laz. She means a lot to me. "Then, it would be better if we did... Seeing as you care for her... So much.." He smirks at me leaving me think of all the possibilities that they would kill her.

"We've gotta go save her..." I say moving making the chains clang. "How? We're tied up and we dont have our weapons." Aaron says. Then a small beam of light came from Rin's hand breaking the chains. "But we do have magic..." I say as we found our weapons all broken down. "Well, I guess we'll be fighting weaponless."

Third Person POV:
As Aiden and his group went up the stairs quietly. They heard screaming and some crashing from upstairs. "Laz!" Aiden dashed up the stairs and out into the open. Looking around no one was there. "I was sure someone was h-" "AIDEN!" Laz's familiar voice rang through his ears as he ran towards the direction he heard her from.

"Laz!" He says seeing her tied up from the cieling. "One more step Aiden... You don't want her to get hurt. Right?" The man he once called his Father, the man they swore to kill, said as flames lit up from his hand. "Don't you dare." Aiden's voice laced with hate as the man in front of him smirked and quickly threw the ball of fire at Lazareth.

"NO! LAZ!" He screamed as everyone else stared in horror. But the flames reflected and disappeared into thin air. "What?! IMPOSSIBLE!" Aiden's Father shouted as he stared at Lazareth angrily. "Laz? Are you okay?!" Aiden shouted worried towards her and she replies a little shakily. "I'm okay.. I just.. Probably need a little ladder to get down?!" Aiden looks around the room to fimd something to help her get down.

"Aiden!" Lazareth warns as she fires a shield to protect him from the attack his Father fired. "You'll pay for this!" He summons a sword straight out of his palms and charges at Aiden at the speed of light. "CATCH!" Aaron tosses a sword at Aiden as they clash just at the right time. "Get her down there!" Aiden screamed at his Father's face as his opponent smirked. "No."

"What do you mean no?!" Aiden says furiously.

"No. I won't get her down there. She deserves to rot like the witch she is!" Aiden charged angrily at him as he deflected Aiden's sword with his own.

"She's not a witch!" Aiden pants getting back to his fighting stance. "Right. I haven't told you how her family killed your mother..."

Aiden's eyes widen. No... It-it can't be true.

"You're a liar!" He charged once more as his Father smirked sending him to fly back. "Guess story time came sooner than I thought it would..."

~~~~~
YAY! AN UPDATE!!!
DoubleJReyes I swear it would mean a lot if you read this man. You too Oppakyut555 Pwease?

*puppy dog eyes*

Well! Either way! Hope you guys enjoyed!

(Happy Birthday to JJ's Bias!)

(IDK if u already have this but ur welcome)