Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

I turn to my side to look at Hiyori. "She'll be fine..." I thought. I close my eyes and fall asleep. Not knowing the same guy is staring down at me.

-Meeting Yato and Yukine-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a week since Hiyori became a half-phantom. I think she's used to it now. In fact she looks like she's enjoying it.

It's morning, which means it's time for school. I got up from the bed, then head to the bathroom for my morning routine.

After that, I decide to skip breakfast because I'm not really hungry. So I just walk out of my house and make my way to school.

As I walk, I heard someone calling for me. I turn around to see Hiyori, Ami and Yama. "Good morning, Y/N-Chan" Hiyori said. I look at her and smile "good morning, Hiyori-Chan" I said, then I turn to the others and smile at them. They know I'm not really fond with other people aside from Hiyori, so they don't really talk to me. We would just smile at each other of say a brief 'hello' as our greeting. We continue walking together to school.

When we get there. I walk to my seat and take a seat. Hiyori take her spot next to me as always. Soon the class start.

Today passed by like a breeze. It's already time for us to go home. I walk towards the gate with Hiyori next to me. "Hey.... Y/N-Chan" Hiyori call out for me. I turn to her "Hm?" I respond. "I wanna introduce you to someone" she said. I look at her "you know I'm not really fond being around people I didn't know... Much less, new people" I said. She pouts "oh come on... Please? They are really nice people. I'm sure you'll like them" She said, looking at me with puppy dog eyes. I sweat-dropped and sigh "alright... I'll meet them" I said. She cheered and grab my hand.

Hiyori already know about me being not a normal human. But she was okay with it, since she has become a half-phantom. But she still doesn't know the real me. I plan on keeping it like that for as long as I can. But I know... Soon or later, she would have to know.

We keep walking. "Where exactly are we going, Hiyori-Chan?" I asks as she continue to drag me. "You'll see" she said. "Alright..." I said.

After a while we finally reach a park. I look around to see a bunch of people. "So... Where's these people you're talking about?" I asks. She took out a phone and dial a number. I just stand there in silent as Hiyori starts to talk with someone on the phone. Then suddenly a guy and a boy appear. I jump in fright since I was not expecting that.

I notice the guy is the same guy that keeps appearing ever since Hiyori's incident. "Oh... It's you..." I said, in a bored tone. Hiyori look at us back and forth. "Wait... You can see him?" Hiyori said. "Of course... I always see him around you. I just pretend not seeing him" I said. Then I turn my attention to the boy. "Well... I haven't seen him before" I said. "Well... He's Yato *pointing at the guy*, he's a God. Then he's Yukine *pointing at the boy* his-" "regalia" I cut her off. Hiyori looks at me surprise "you know about regalia?" She asks. "I know a lot about this kind of things. Far before you become a half-phantom" I say simply. The others looks at me wide-eyed.

Yato run over to me and lean his face real close to me. I lean back "you really don't know about personal space, don't you?" I said. He stayed silent and continue to stare at me, as if he's trying to figure out something. "Oh! You're the girl from that time!" He said. Hiyori looks at us back and forth. "Where have you meet?" She asks. "When you're asleep in the hospital, Hiyori-Chan" I said. She hummed in respond.

"Why didn't you tell me that you know about these kind of things?" Hiyori asks. "Before you become a half-phantom. Would you believe me if I tell you?" I asks. "Um... I guess no" she said. "Exactly so what's the point.... You'll only see me as a freak" I said, looking away from her. She looks down, I instantly felt guilty. "Sorry Hiyori-Chan.... I just don't really like talking about things like this. Every student in my previous schools treats me like a freak when they knew this. I guess I'm just scared that you would do the same" I said, looking down. Then I felt a pair of arms engulfing me in a hug. "I would never treat you any different, Y/N-Chan. You're my best-friend. You'll always be" she said. I hug her back and start crying. She just stayed silent and keep me in her arms.

All these years, before meeting Hiyori.... I've always been alone. People treat me like a piece of garbage, they didn't know the real me. If they do... They would run away in fear. I never really show people my true self, just to a few people. But they are dead now.... Leaving me on my own.

I pull away when I'm calm. I look at Hiyori to see her looking at me with a worry gaze. I turn to the others to see them doing the same. I turn back to Hiyori and smile "I'm fine now, Hiyori-Chan... Thank you" I said. She smiles back at me and pat my head. "anything for my best-friend" she said.

Hiyori invite me to hang out with them. I just agree since I have nothing to do. We went to different places. Yato insists we go to Capypa Land. I just went alone with it.

Through out our hang out. I would notice Yato keep looking at me. But I just brush it off. Him and I can't ever be together. 'Why would I want to be together with him?! I can't possibly like him, do I?' I thought.

We hang out until its late. Then we went separate ways. I was about to head home, when I heard someone calling my name. I stop and turn around to see Yato. "What?" I asks. "I'd like to walk you home. If that's okay?" He said, blushing slightly. "Sure..." I said. Then we continue our way home.

We finally get to my home. I turn to Yato. "This is my home... Thank you to walk me home" I said. He smiles and rub his neck. I turn around and was about to walk inside, but a hand grabs mine gently and I was spun around. Yato holds me with his arms around my waist. My hands on his chest. "W-what are you d-doing?" I asks. "You have no idea how hard I've been trying to get your attention. So... When I know you could actually see me, but chooses to ignore me. It hurts... But I'm happy as well. Now that I know you can actually see me. You can't pretend anymore" he said. I look away from him. Then his hand place on my chin, then he leans in and kisses me. My eyes widened, but I relax and kiss him back.

We pull away from each other. I quickly push him off me and run inside. I slam the door shut and lock it. I turn around and lean my back against the door. Then I slid down, still leaning on the door. I place my hand on my chest as it beats in a rapid speed. 'What just happen? I can possibly have feelings for him... It won't work for us... It just can't' I thought.

Once I'm calm. I got up and walk upstairs to my room. I laid on my bed, then I close my eyes. 'Yato can't love me.... He's a God and I'm a... Monster' was the last thing on my mind as I slowly enters the dream world.

*to be continued*