thirty nine

two updates in one day? don't you just love me?

"he's such a sweetheart." perrie says and smiles to herself after liam leaves.
zayn silently agrees. perrie sighs and sits on the bed. the bed was a mess. there was also cum on the sheets but zayn tries his best to cover it up by sitting on it. "how have you been?" she asks her boyfriend.

"fine." zayn shrugs. "you?"

"fine." perrie nods. this is awkward as hell and all zayn wants to do is run after liam and go home with him. "we need to talk." zayn simply nods even though he's jumping with excitement on the inside. perrie was finally going to break up with him. "moving in with each other was a mistake, and it took me a week at my old apartment to realize that." she chuckles lightly.

"don't get me wrong. i was stoked when you said we could move in together. maybe even too stoked. it's safe to say we rushed things. we weren't ready to live with each other and i think you can say the same thing."

"this past week had to be the best week of my life since i started living here. i know it's weird, but i belong in that apartment. living with the girls is what i love. we're both homesick."

"so i guess what i'm trying to say is..." perrie trails off. "i'm moving out."

you know how in the spongebob movie, spongebob was convinced that he was going to be the manager of the krusty krab 2 but it ended up being squidward instead? zayn is spongebob in this situation.

"tonight will be my last night living here, and then tomorrow the girls will come over and help me move out." perrie explains. "please say something."

"so you're not breaking up with me?" zayn asks.

"what? no! i think our relationship is just fine. we've just spent way too much time together than we could handle. we'll be back to normal once we live in separate houses." perrie sounds so confident, so sure. "you think so too, right?" she asks softly.

to be honest, zayn wasn't listening. he's just so happy that he doesn't have to live with perrie. maybe zayn can move back in with his parents. or maybe, just maybe, zayn could bring liam over here more often.

"yeah. definitely." zayn nods. perrie breaks out into a small smile.

"well i think i'm going to head to bed. it's going to be a long day tomorrow." perrie sighs and stands up from the bed. zayn watches her walk to the bathroom. as soon as the door shuts, zayn quickly gets off of the sheet and throws them under the bed. he then lays back on the bed and buries his head in the pillows. one pillow in particular smells like liam, so he trades his pillow and puts his on perrie's side.

perrie comes out of the bathroom in her pajamas and her hair in a bun. zayn leans up to turn off the light. perrie climbs onto the bed and scoots so that she's close enough to lay her head on zayn's chest.

"i love you zayn." she whispers.

and zayn might of acted like he didn't hear it or pretended that he was asleep, but he didn't say it back.

----------------------------------------------

"it's moving time ladies!" jesy yells as she enters the house while carrying empty boxes.

"again!" leigh adds from behind her.

"sorry zayn, we came to repossess your girlfriend." jesy jokes as she walks past zayn who was sitting on the couch.

"y'all can keep her." zayn mutters, but jesy doesn't hear him. perrie had woken up extra early to get a head start on packing. zayn doesn't know why because perrie doesn't own a lot of stuff. he's not complaining though. the earlier she starts packing, the earlier she can get the hell out of there.