[12]The Girl Next Door <33

Here's another one hope you like it :)

_______________________________________________________

The Girl Next Door

Chapter 12

Walking into homeroom, I was more than a little late and Mrs Davies was all ready talking.

"Sorry I'm late Miss"

"Well if it isn't Grace Scott. It's not like you to be late. Is everything ok?"

"Peachy!"

"Ok well, I will give you the benefit of the doubt as long as you don't make this a regular occurrence."

"I won't" I said as I walked towards my seat.

All the guys on my table were looking at me trying to work out was wrong. I just shook my head and reached in my bag for my iTouch blocking out the whole world.

The day passed un-eventfully. I must have been giving off a "leave me the fuck along signal" because no one bothered me! All the guys tried talking to me but after I bit their heads of for the 3rd time they got the message and just gave me the space I needed. My head was buzzing and I was so glad when 3rd period rolled around and I could take all my frustration and channel it into something good. My painting. I spent the whole lesson in a daze of red and blue paint and didn't even acknowledge Jake's futile attempts at getting me to talk. When the bell rang signalling lunch I opted to stay in the art block and Finnish of my painting. The class was

silent except for me and miss.

"Grace do you mind if I pop down to the canteen to get something to eat?" Miss Michael's asked?

"Sure go ahead miss. I'll be fine here!"

She walked out shutting the door and the gentle hmm of the air conditioner filled the silence in the room.

Knock Knock.

Turning my head to see who was at the door, I saw the face of the boy who has definitely grown to be my big brother. His dimpled smile and the cheeky glint in his

brown eyes showed me why all the girls loved him.

"Hey Nate" I said smiling at him

"Hey yourself" he replied walking over to me engulfing me in a big hug. My head was resting against his chest as his arms were wrapped around my chest with his chin resting on top of my head. He held me for a minute and then took the seat next to me. He was staring intently into my blue eyes, and then he reached out and tucked a hair behind my ear.

"How've you been Gracey?" he asked

"Fine..." but the look on his face told me he didn't believe me

"Look Grace, I know you're not ok. You've been snapping at everyone all day and we're worried about you. Especially Sam. He told me you were upset about your parents and I totally understand I mean they spend most of the year away from you and when there here they can't wait to leave-

"Thanks Nate!!" I snapped

"I'm sorry that didn't come out right! I was trying to say that you don't have to feel alone because you have us lot here for you! Me, Sam, Ebony and the rest of the

guys! And plus if your ever feeling really alone you now your welcome to come over to my place! I'm sure my mom would love to see you!" He said smiling

"How is Marcia?" I asked me and Nate's mom had always been close she was just so friendly and motherly it was kind of hard not to be!!

"She's fine! She misses seeing you around the house though!"

I laughed, "I don't think it's me she misses rather the female company!"

You see Marcia has 4 sons, Nate who's the oldest, Nick who's 13 in 8th Grade, and the twins Noah and Nolan who are 9 in 4th grade in elementary school. Oh and not to mention Keith, Nate's dad who is just like a big kid himself!

"I think she's still holding out for you to accept her adoption offer!" He joked causing me to burst out laughing, pretty soon we were both hysterically laughing holding

our stomachs trying to catch our breaths. As our laughter died down we both meet each others eyes and I strangely felt like I was home.

"I've missed this you know!" I said casually

"Missed what?" judging by Nate's face he was confused by my random outburst

"You, and me just joking around having fun!"

"Well we have both been a bit busy this semester what with the football playoffs and you with all you art projects, speaking of art projects are you ever going to show me yours!!!"

"Do you want to see it?"

"Of course why wouldn't I want to see my best friends amazing art piece!!"

"1. I definitely wouldn't call it amazing and 2. It's not finished so you have to use your imagination a bit!!" I pushed the two pieces of paper towards him showing him

the paintings. He stared dumbfounded at it for about 5 minutes.

"I'm not very good with all this arty farty stuff but... but that's really good!"

"Arw thank you Nate I thought for a minute that you hated it!!"

"No it's ... well its beautiful to be honest but don't tell the guys I said that!"

Chuckling I replied, "I'm glad you liked it I just hope Miss Michael's likes it!!"

"And the judges"

"The judges?"

"Yeah, you now for the competition!"

"Oh god yeah the competition I forgot all about that but Nate I'm not entering!"

"Why not?"

"Because it's not very good that's why!"

"But it is Grace honestly I think you could win!"

"Do you think so?"

"Yeah granted I don't know much about art but I know when I see a beautiful painting!"

I hadn't really thought about entering the completion because I never thought it was that good but maybe I should enter I mean what have I got to lose?

"You know what Nate your right! I am going to enter the competition but if I come last I'm blaming you!"

"Not going to happen and you know why because your super talented even a blind person could see that well ok maybe they couldn't see but you get what I mean!"

Chuckling to myself again I realised that's why I love Nate so much because he has always been able to make me laugh ever since we were little kids. His the big brother I never had and I'm so lucky to have him in my life! His always been there for me and I know he always will be. And you know why because his a true friend.

As the bell went and Nate was walking me to humanities I realised that he truly was a decent guy and I am so lucky to know him and have him as a true friend in my life!

"See you after school kiddo!" He said as he walked away to his pre-calc class I could see all the girls staring at him with lust and guys staring at him with envy and I couldn't help but feel pride as I watched my best friend walk towards his lesson.