CHAPTER 8

AYLA

I wake up to do my usual routine in the morning. I stretch and yawn. I sigh when I realize it's just another day. I get up, but I am met with a sharp stinging pain in my back. That was when I remember the events that only occurred last night. I look around the room and realize it wasn't the attic. I wasn't at Kendrick's house. I wasn't at his back. I was back at the Blood Moon Pack. I was back home. I just stood there for a moment and let this sink in. I guess being trapped for five years makes me question this. I am still cautious and wonder whether this was even real or not. I smelled around and instantly recognised that this was Solomon's room. Of course he would put me here. 

I walk towards the window and look outside, it was the morning. I could see people walking around, going about their morning routine. The warriors were doing the workout while others were doing border patrol. Mothers with their pups, walking them to their school. Mates, kissing each other goodbye as the males leave to do training.

Everything was so normal. I turn around and make my way towards the door. I slowly open it and as I see my feet take a step, I felt a sense of freedom, I can come and go whenever I please. I look around the hallways and couldn't help, but smile. I know these halls. As I continue to walk and look, memories flood my mind. I look at the door of the library, one of my favorite places to be whenever I visited Solomon. I sometimes didn't even come to see Solomon, I would just come and go straight to the library. And he would waltz in to grab something and see me drowning in blankets with books surrounding me. 

I keep going until I saw the stairs. My hands touch the rails as I slowly descend, making quiet steps with my bare feet. I look around and wondered where my son was. I hear a noise, if I remember right, it was coming from the kitchen. I follow the sound and also the smell of eggs and bacon.

I poke my head through the large entrance. I saw people. A man was cooking in the kitchen. He was very...large. In a muscley sense. He was very intimidating. I looked closer and saw that it was actually Noah. I remember him. He was the guy they found with Xander. He has definitely grown up. There was a very small woman also making coffee.

I keep looking around. I don't know any of these people. However, my eyes widen when I saw a girl. Zapora. I was very fond of her, she was like a little sister to me. But obviously not anymore. She was a fully grown woman. She was standing next, who I am assuming is her mate. She also had two little girls sitting around her. Zapora had her very own family. 

"Ma?" My heart skipped a beat when I heard my favorite sound. My eyes searched the room frantically. As soon as I saw my son, I ran for him with my arms wide. 

"MA!" He screamed in excitement. I fell to my knees as Milo jumped into my arms. I held him so tight against me. I thought I was never going to see him again. 

"Oh, my baby," I whispered, "Mama missed you so much."

"I missed you too Ma." We separated and I cupped his face and smile. I gave him a big kiss on the cheek and he giggles. 

"Ayla." I look up and Solomon standing there watching us. His eyes were soft as he stared. I cough awkwardly and stand up. 

I bowed my head, "Hi."

 I didn't know how to act. I haven't seen him in five years. It was strange seeing him in the place...it was like time had frozen and I never left. 

"AYLA!" I heard a scream. I looked to my right and so Zapora running for. I smiled brightly. She gave me a giant hug. "Oh my goodness! It really is you!"

"It's me," I whispered. As I looked at her face she had tears gathering in them. I frowned and said, "Don't cry over me, Zay. I'm here now and I'm okay."