"I remember when you said that in our first year," I smiled, thinking back to when I was first called that. "But it's not all unicorns and asphodels. There are exceptions to reach, boundaries you can't cross, and a reputation to uphold.

"When I was being sorted, it took the Sorting Hat a minute to figure out where to put me because it thought I would do well in all of the houses. But to the hat, the feature that stood out in me the most was determination, which was the umbrella to the other traits. That's how I was put into Slytherin.

"Also, remember when you doubted I was a Slytherin in the fourth year, so I slapped you?"

"Yeah. It was wicked," he replied with a smile.

I grinned and continued conversing. I noticed he was getting uncomfortable. His leg kept bouncing up and down under the table, and his hands kept twitching. As he was speaking, I put my hand over his and squeezed it, causing the twitching and bouncing to stop.

"Let's go. Finish up your Butterbeer then let's head to Honeydukes."

We chugged down the rest of our drinks and paid, leaving the inn back into the crisp air.

I grabbed his hand and swiftly walked us to Honeydukes because I couldn't handle the cold for much longer. Once we made it inside, I headed straight for the chocolate section. I felt like I was in my 3rd year again when I first came to Honeydukes with the twins and Lee Jordan. I seized all the chocolate that I could which included, Charm Chocs, Choco Balls, Chocolate Cauldrons, Chocolate Frogs, Chocolate Skeletons, Chocolate Wands, and Choco-Locos. Draco watched as I looked like a mad-woman grabbing everything that was chocolate in the store.

When I made it to the counter, the wizard behind the desk looked at me like I was crazy so I merely raised my eyebrows in return. Once he rung up all the candy and announced the total, I began to dig in my purse for my money, but Draco was one step ahead of me and placed the money down before I could.

"Draco what are you doing?" I asked.

"Paying for you, I know how much you love chocolate, and I promised to make this trip special," he replied.

"But you don't have to buy me this! I could do this myself."

"And I'm not doubting you; I just want to do something special."

I smiled. "Well, thank you then."

We began to head back to the castle when I slipped on a patch of ice into Draco's arms. I looked up at him and began to laugh.

"Well this gives me deja vu," I say as Draco steadies me. He lingers while taking his hands off my waist and we just stand there, the cold nipping at our cheeks, covering our blushed faces.

Later that night, I was reading on the couch to wind down when something inside me didn't feel right. For one, I wasn't entirely sure where Draco was; I had been too distracted by my book to pay attention to where he had gone. He probably was in his room. I just needed to splash my face with warm water. I stood up, taking the blanket off my legs and headed to the bathroom.

I opened the door but stood motionless. Despite Draco being in the shower, through the slightly foggy glass I could see him in a dazed state, blood running down his arm with the Dark Mark on it and blood on the opposite hand. Bloody soap laid on the ground next to him. I gasped and rushed over, opening up the glass door to reach him.

I could care less that I was being drenched in the water next to a completely naked Draco; I needed to help him.

"Draco, love," I said to get his attention. I took his wounded arm hand, causing him to look at me with a blank stare. "Step out of the shower for me."

Slowly, I guided him out of the shower, turning off the water behind us. I grabbed two nearby towels and wrapped one around his waist covering him up and put the other one on my arm for me once I got him situated.

I led him to my room and helped him onto the bed. Pulling out my wand, I pointed it at the bloody arm and said "Terego."

The blood cleared and I was able to help myself but taking off my clothes until I was left in my undergarments. I wrapped the fluffy towel around me and lay down next to Draco.

    "You're safe," I said softly. "Nothing can hurt you. He won't come back. Harry killed him. I'll stay here until you fall asleep, nothing will hurt you."

Draco nodded and closed his eyes. I noticed now the scars on his chest. They were the slash wounds when Harry fought him in the bathroom in 6th year.

I sighed and looked out the window at the dark sky hoping I could be among it.

. . .

    Draco and I were on the top of the astronomy tower, looking out over the night below us.

    "Hazel, I have to tell you something," he said quietly.

    I feared the worst. "Yeah? What's up?"

    He was quiet for a few seconds. "I... I love you."

    I gasped.

    "I think I have for a while now. It mostly started after our 4th year because one, you were taken, and two, I was such a prick to you it isn't funny. But we began to get close I noticed you're little habits like when you bite your lip and the way you speak with such confidence. You're so beautiful, I think everyone knows it. I just assumed you were way out of my league. I mean, I was a Death Eater for Merlin's sake! You're so determined to put your friends and family's needs in front of yours and you don't judge people the minute you meet them, no matter their blood status. You're just so amazing in every way there is no possible way I could ever compa—"

    I cut him off by crashing my lips onto his. He stood shocked for a second before he clung to my waist like I would leave him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and could feel my heartbeat pounding. When we finally pulled back for air, I whispered,

    "Draco I lo—"

    "Don't you dare finish that sentence missy!" a female voice shrieked. It rang in my ears, and I knew exactly who it was.

    My head whipped around to lock eyes with vicious evil ones. It was Bellatrix.

    Before I could pull out my wand, she yelled, "CRUCIO!"

    I fell to the floor, the all-consuming pain taking over my body, and I no longer knew where I was. It was like white-hot knives were piercing every inch of my skin. I didn't want this to happen again. I had so little will to live and just wanted it to be over.

    In my ear, I heard, "Hazel! Hazel! HAZEL! Wake up!"

I jerked awake, tears running down my face as I made eye contact with a now fully clothed Draco. I collapsed back onto the bed and started to cry hysterically. Draco crawled into the bed and pulled me into his chest.

"What happened love?" he asked.

"Sh-She came back..." I managed to get out through my crying. "Sh-She u-used the, the Cruciatus Curse again."

Draco understood who I was talking about and hugged me tighter.

"Shhh, shhh. She isn't coming back. Mrs. Weasley killed her."

I hiccuped and slowly steadied my breathing so I could finally fall asleep in Draco's arms.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 | √जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें