Remembrance

That day at college felt like a slow one. I kept looking at the clock for what seemed like every few seconds. Of course, I knew that would only make things worse, but I couldn't help it. As Mr. Edwards droned on about the rising of the evolution theory, I glanced at the clock one more time, then stared down at my LPad. 

The bright screen stared back relentlessly. The LPad was what we used in college to get more work done. It appeared as a small computer/tablet built into the top of the table, and it could be used to multitask between studying, doing work, or simply reading a book. The L in it stood for learning. 

I slowly closed my eyes, feeling drowsiness overcome me. What was going on? Why was I so tired? It couldn't be... no...

I stared up at the black void that floated above us. By us, I meant Cody. He tapped me on the shoulder. 

"Hey," he said, simply. 

"Sssh..." I scolded, as I kept staring up at the black void. It was so...mysterious. Dangerous, even. I could feel an intense lure coming from it, almost sucking me in from my very mind. It was...disorienting, yet I couldn't look away....

"Adam," Cody persisted. 

"Not now..." I replied.

"Adam!" he shouted. 

I jerked my head upright, and noticed Mr. Edwards and the rest of the class staring at me. I could feel my face flushing. 

"I-I'm sorry, I-" 

"This isn't the place to take naps, Wolfe. Naps are for home." Mr. Edwards scolded in his boring drone of a voice. 

I shook my head. "Sorry...continue..." 

The rest of the class went on without a hitch, and as everyone left, I noticed Tara stick around as I gathered my things. She was in the class with me, I forgot to mention. I had classes with everyone from Dream Gazers, except Gerard. 

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and acknowledged Tara by nodding my head at her, then asked, "Uhm... what's up?" 

Tara had a concerned look on her face. "Are you okay, Adam?" 

I nodded slowly. "Of course I am. Just a little tired. Happens to everyone." When I noticed she still had a concerned look on her face, I insisted, "Don't worry about it!" 

She shrugged. "If you insist. Hey, Adam?" 

"Mm?" 

"Wanna go grab a bite to eat with Cody and I?" 

"Sure, why not," I said, and followed her out of the building. Our college, Autumn Institute, was one that focused on art of all kinds; an art institute. While I was focusing on my writing, my friends had different plans. Viola was planning to become a well-known painter, meanwhile Cody was going to be a script writer for TV shows. I wasn't sure what Tara or Gerard were here for, and I decided I would just bring it up later if I thought about it. Which brought another thought to my head... 

Once we found Cody and headed to our bikes, I brought the thought to speech. "Hey, Cody..." 

"Yeah?" 

"Does being creative...help with lucid dreaming?" 

He stopped and turned to gaze at me for a moment, then replied, "Not really. Anyone can do it. It just takes different amounts of practice for certain people compared to others. Of course, some do say that it makes you a more creative person as you do it." 

I grunted. "Okay, I was just wondering. This is an art institute, and I can safely assume we're all pretty creative people...so it made me curious is all."