Chapter 25

"Mmmmm," I sighed, stretching my whole body the length of my bed. Surprisingly, my legs didn't dangle off the edge, but I disregarded that fact. I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling. That same old boring off-whi– black? My ceiling's definitely not black...

I closed my eyes and turned to my side, curling into a ball. Reopening them, I was even more puzzled then before. There's carpet on the floor. Snow white, fluffy-looking carpet... and the walls were black! I gaped in horror as something on the nightstand caught my eye. A picture – there were a dozen teenage drunks holding beers, and each other, and making funny faces. Among them was Fox.

Fox...

Fox!

Oh shi–

I turned around abruptly to my other side. There he was in the flesh. He was shirtless and his hair was sticking out on all ends. Sweet Jesus. Any girl would've taken advantage of her position and taken in the amazing creature laying mere inches away from her. I, on the other hand, screamed.

That smirk on his face remained though. His fascinated eyes seemed to widen just a bit, but he didn't move a single, oh-so delicious muscle. How long had he been watching me? A thought occurred to me, and I sat up instantly. I had never been one for sit-ups, so it was guaranteed that my abdomen would be feeling the wrath of my abrupt movement later on. My eyes quickly scanned my body, making sure I wasn't shirtless myself. My sweater seemed to be missing, but other than that I was covered. Relief swept over me, and I sighed with a smile.

"Morning, drunky," he took it upon himself to say. His voice is even sexier in the morning. What torture!

"Mhm," I murmured awkwardly. I rubbed my temples, squeezing my eyes shut as a hammer pounded in my head.

"Here's breakfast," he smirked, motioning to the table where a glass of water and aspirin had been waiting. I groaned and took the pills. We stared at each other for the longest time. But every silence had its interruption. And so I was a little less than shocked when his door burst open and a petite, pear-shaped woman waltzed in. The look on her face said it all. She clearly hadn't expected guests.

"Good morning, Mr. Fox," she said in a formal tone. I couldn't place that odd hint of an accent; even though profiling was wrong, I couldn't help but peg her for the maid.

"Good morning, Sasha," he sighed.

"Good morning, Mr. Fox's lady friend," she said curtly. I nodded, running my hand through my hair. I wasn't supposed to be embarrassed, or guilty for that matter, at all. Guilt was for people who'd gotten caught doing something, and Fox and I hadn't done anything. Had we?

"Breakfast ready soon," Sasha stated, marching out.

"Um, Fox.." I started cautiously as soon as the door closed. His eyes flashed to mine once again. "Did we uh... d-did we – did you and I..." I struggled.

"No we did not have sex," he told me bluntly. I nodded. Phew. I got off his comfortable king-sized bed and stretched some more. That is, until his hot breath was on my neck.

"I want us to be sober for that," he murmured with a slight, barely detectable smirk. He took a leisurely step around me towards his dresser. I shivered. It was a delayed reaction, but a response nonetheless.

He took me to the guest bathroom and told me I could use whatever they had in there. He went to take a quick shower while I took advantage of my surroundings. The bathroom was heavily stocked; boxes of new toothbrushes, tooth paste, makeup, and other feminine products. I brushed my teeth. Twice. Once I'd washed my face and put some anti-frizz gel into my hair, I coated my lashes with mascara. Fox had seen me in all my morning glory: no makeup, messy hair, white face, baggy eyes. Not to mention my breath... All the while, he smelled great.