Chapter 8~ First Movie

Jurri took her daily dosage of medicine then smiled at herself in the mirror.

"I still look good." she praised herself.

She stepped out from the bathroom and grabbed a dress from her closet. She glanced at her son who is peacefully sleeping on her bed. She slipped the dress down to her figure and fixed herself.

Jurri was talking complains to herself about her size. She seems to grow thinner, according to her observation. She turned around and tried to feel the fabric on her body. It's not as fitted as before anymore. She sighed heavily and finally settled herself. She heard Thomas's car honked. He does that every time he comes home.

She excitedly exited the room and walked to the living room. "Hey" she said as she saw her husband untying his tie.

"Good evening, honey." Thomas said and walked towards her then kissed her forehead.

Jurri unconsciously tugged her hair to the back of her ear. She felt her cheek turned cherry red. It's a good thing she's wore blush-on. She chewed her lower lip and slowly looked up to Thomas who is looking intently to her.

"This is awkward." She muttered.

"Y-yeah... a bit." Thomas let out a light laugh and scratch the back of his neck like a little boy. "Feels like the first night. How's Tommie?" he added.

"He's already asleep." Jurri answered.

"Well that's a good thing." Thomas said. There was a long silence between them. It seemed like they don't know what to do next.

Jurri cleared her throat, "Are you hungry?" she asked.

"Well, are you?" Thomas asked back.

"I was asking you."

"Should I say yes?" Thomas asked again with a smile this time.

"Are you teasing me?" Jurri narrowed her eyes.

"Am I too obvious?" Thomas asked. Jurri just rolled her eyes.

"Yeah you are teasing me." she said surely.

"You know me so well." Thomas said and snaked his arms around Jurri's waist, pulling her closer to him then he kissed her lips gently.

Thomas is stressed from all the problems he faced from his office. He was not in the mood. He even scolded Carrie today. He was tired. All he wanted is to go to sleep but everything changed when he saw Jurri in a pink cocktail dress. Everything disappeared when he saw Jurri.

Then it all came rushing to him. he was standing so close to Jurri. He could smell her sweet minty breath and her natural scent. Her hair designed with some hair clips as her little curls stayed still along the silence. She looked up at him and her face is all he can see. The Jurri he met the first time. The Jurri he is looking at now. He couldn't stop himself from kissing her, tasting her sweet pair of lips, satisfying his need of peace which he found in her. There's only one thing he want right now and that is to stay close to her. He wanted to deepen the kiss but he felt her pushing him away. Indeed, he was hurt by her action.

"Dinner is ready." Jurri said and walked to the kitchen. He forcefully carried himself to the kitchen. He shouldn't have kissed Jurri. "How was your day" Jurri asked, breaking the silence between them.

"The company isn't going well this time." Thomas said honestly.

"Why?"

Thomas is confused whether he's going to tell her the problem. He doesn't want to remind her of Stephen. The problem is all about his contract with Stephen. He declined it just when the board of members started to agree to accept the contract proposal. It created a chaotic argument in the office.