Chapter 6

"Kell, hey, wake up Darling." Vic shakes me awake.

I groan and cuddle into him more, my eyes fluttering open for a second. I take note that it's still dark.

"What?" I mumble, confused as to why Vic woke me up. It wasn't long ago that I had fallen asleep for the second time after waking up. I'm just restless tonight.

"You were having a nightmare. Are you okay?" Vic asks seeming confused and worried.

"Are you sure?" I frown confused.

"Yeah, you were thrashing around violently. You hit me in the face." Vic explains.

"Oh, I don't remember it. I'm sorry, Babe." I frown, kissing his cheek.

"It's fine, sweetheart. Why don't you go take your medication?" he suggests.

"Okay." I yawn, quickly kissing him then dragging myself out of bed.

I take the bottle of pills off the nightstand and head out of the room, downstairs to get a warm glass of milk.

Once I've taken my meds, I head back upstairs but hear movement from Junior's room. I walk down to it, assuming it's Chrissy but hoping it's Junior.

I open the door and find Junior shutting the window he obviously just climbed through.

I sigh relieved and throw my arms around him tightly.

"Thank God you're safe." I whisper. "Please don't do that again."

"I'm sorry, Dad." he apologizes.

"You should be. I was worried sick." I grumble. "Kel, I'm sorry we've been so focussed on the girls lately but you know we care about you and if there's anything you need, you can come to us."

"I know, Dad. I know I can can come to you." the way he says 'you' leaves me confused. Like he's bitter about the thought of talking to me.

I take his chin between my thumb and my index finger, examining his lip piercing.

"It suits you." I tell him. "Make sure you clean it and look after it, okay?"

"I will." he mumbles.

I give him a sad smile and then my eyes wonder over to Chrissy's bed. It's empty.

"Where's your sister?" I ask him.

"I don't know. I just got here." he shrugs.

"Get some rest, kiddo." I tell him, kissing his head then I leave the room.

I go down to the bathroom. The door is closed and the light is on. I knock lightly on the door.

"Baby, can I come in?" I ask her.

"Yeah." She answers weakly.

I push the door open and find my daughter slumped over the toilet.

Ever since she started getting estrogen injections she's been unbelievably sick all the time. The doctor said its just side effects and that it should clear up when her body gets used to it.

"You doing okay?" I ask her kneeling down next to her and tucking some hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, I just threw up a lot and now I can't get up." she mumbles seeming a little delirious.

"Why can't you get up?" I ask her.

"I'm dizzy." she breathes.

"Are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?" I ask her.

She laughs a little.

"I'm okay." she whispers.

"Do you want to come back to bed with Papa and I? I don't want you to choke on your own vomit while you're sleeping." I suggest.